Sign in to follow this  
Wilko

Supercharged VR6????

phatvr6 was talking about supercharging his r32 when we went down to see him... combine that with the NOS kit hes got and hes going to have one rapid car on his hands.

i've given my polished manifold to chrishill

oi!! I paid for that! :D

Coxylaad has the 24v 4Motion lump in his Rado and will be blowing it at some point in the future.....gotta be good for 300bhp at least.

Does anyone know if the 24v has the same aux belt tensioner as the 12v? Is the bolt pattern the same? If it is the 12v supercharger kits should bolt on without modification.

I just went out and bought one when i wanted one, it's good but none of this dreamy banter.

Get a loan go buy one and enjoy!

the reason i said next year is that ive just spent a considerable sum on shrick stuff and have got various other financial commitments in the coming months which means i cant afford a loan :( otherwise id be searching vortex and similar for a 2nd hand kit tomorrow.

All good things come to those who wait or some b******s like that lol plus i wanna enjoy the vgi and cams etc for a while before i start fiddling again.

P.S. I'll fit one for £200 + expenses

really? ill bare that in mind when the time comes. 8)

Serious stuff boys, and i will make it happen. Where can you pick up second hand VGI's!? Presumably if you can find one your looking at 5-600 ish?

Where can you pick up second hand VGI's!?

they very occasionally appear on ebay..but im guessing your best bet would be places like the classifieds on vortex.com...couldnt give you a clue on price as i got mine as part of a package with the other bits in my sig.

Serious stuff boys, and i will make it happen. Where can you pick up second hand VGI's!? Presumably if you can find one your looking at 5-600 ish?

There is a guy on Vortex selling one for $1400. Kind of high if you ask me. I paid $800 for mine with a fresh black powdercoat.

The problem is, that if you are planning to get a charger then the N/A performance cams will be of little use and will cause a negative effect from the cam lobe centre line angles and valve overlap profile, this will cause blow through of the un-burned mixture and early exit if the spend gasses, for this reason there are performance cams specifically for the charged systems!

You’ll have to think carefully, and I’m not fully convinced that the variable inlet manifolds are a valuable addition to a forced induction system, though I stand to be corrected.

I know Guy Hartley has had very good results from his system and he uses one.

Chris