Sign in to follow this  
rossy t

HELP PLEASE, car problems for my girlfriend.

1st)

my girlfriends mk4 1998 fiesta 1.4. she put some water in the brake filler reservuoir (sp) about 4 months ago and i syphened out all the liquid and put brake fluid back in about 50 miles after she put the water in.

however i think it has got air locks in there becuase u have to PROPER stamp the pedal to get it to stop, if i drain the brake fluid will that sort it out?

2nd)

my girlfriends bought her brothers focus T reg 1.8 16v zetec now this is a funny one:

its done 61K the cambelt was done and serviced @ 60K now i think they may have done the cambelt too tight/slack perhaps becuase on idle you can really here the belt going round and ford zetec engines are usually good solid quiet reliable blocks so im not sure whats going on there.

also, i dont know if this is related or not, but when you're going down the road at anything over 20 mph you can feel vibration thru the cabin, especially in the footwell area up the front. initially i thought it was a driveshaft becuase ive had them go before and it sounds like the monotonous rumble but it does it out of gear too so i dont think that it is a shaft gone. im not very hot on suspension components or steering racks does anyone have any inclinations or things to try?

cheers all

8)

1. - you syphened it out(??!!) - get the brake bled with new fluid asap!!

2. - I'd get it back to the place that serviced it...

she put some water in the brake filler reservuoir

:lol:

sounds like the sorta thing i'd do!...

My mums got a ford on 9k miles....its just had a new clutch...its already had the suspension replaced.....moral of the strory..........dont buy a ford.

Couls be a well gone wheel bearing or CV joint. And bleed the brakes at each corner, The water will have made it's way everywhere.

Gavin

And bleed the brakes at each corner, The water will have made it's way everywhere.

And start saving for a new master cylinder, ABS block (if fitted), calipers and brake lines... :roll:

i dont care if its gonna go bang cos were selling it so as long as its alright when we sell the fiesta its ok.

cheers guys ill just bleed it.

i dont care if its gonna go bang cos were selling it so as long as its alright when we sell the fiesta its ok.

Got to applaud that attitude :roll:

Talking about doing silly things with cars, reminds me of a friends situation.

She was complaining about how expensive screen wash was.

I said that last time I bought some it wasn't too bad and usually lasted a long time.

She went on to explain that she bought a few bottles from the petrol station when she last did hers, the day before.

Bottles?!

After some enquiries, it turns up that she never knew that it had to be diluted!! I think she topped it up with about 4 litres of neat fluid! :lol:

I asked if she had used the screen wash yet to which she replied no. Would like to have seen the result if she had.

I gave her the advise that perhaps she should try and remove some of the screen wash and water it down just a tad.

to be fair tom, some stuff is "ready to use" but i still dilute it all the same, but the words concentrated are normally all over the little bottles