Sign in to follow this  
g60_Pete

Corrado Wheels

no wait its not like all those other threads!!!!

i want to know all the different wheels that came as standard with corrado's currently im running the original bbs's on my g60, they are in need of some wheel acid but fairly good cond, just some slight curbing.

now, here's the question, did the g60 come with any other wheels? the reason i ask is that surely if other g60's didnt have bbs alloys i can swap em over to a different set and not tell the insurance company because they were standard!

i'd quite like a set of the VR alloys, but obviously i cant have them because they be 5 stud. i quite like estorils but wanted something with more gap between spokes..

anyway enough ranting somebody help me!!!

IIRC the g60's came with sebrings for a very short period, but i dont think they'd be quite what you're looking for. have you checked with your insurance company to see how much alloys would add to your policy? mine only put £40 on top of what I was already paying...

£200 for a set of £100 wheels.....

thats with 3nc, i'll shortly have 4ncb so we'll see what its like then. anyone

have to have a look at sebrings.. cant find no pics atm

know where i can find list of corrado wheels then?

sebrings were standard on all the 1.8 16v's, have a look in the gallery quite a few people have them. they were also used on the golf rallye i think? £200 for a £100 set of wheels is extortion...how can they possibly justify that?

off the top of my head:

1.8 16v - sebrings

g60 - sebrings breifly then BBS

vr6 - speedlines although the storms had different ones which i cant remember the name of...

2.0 16v - estorils

I think the 'jet' special edition had different rims too, but i dont remember exactly

cheers chris. i do like estorils it has to be said.. but i've always wnted to paint my brake calipers lol, so i wanted a set of wheels that you could see the calipers through!

have to go hunt down some pics of sebrings now!

The very early VR6s came with the 5 spoke Monte Carlo alloys as found on early Mk3 Golf 16v.

I think the later Corrado 2.0 16v and 8v came with a style called Westwood, which are also 5 spoke.

ooh, damn you all i need pics :p

been scouring ebay all morning to no avail. not too fond of sebrings, the solitudes are quite nice though i have to say.

monte carlo? westwood? i am truly confuzzled.

ive never had to pay more for alloys! was insured through performance direct, now adrian flux, and neither have charged. time to change insurers?