M.P.H.

My VR6

brought some wheels for the golf off E38, collected and fitted them in the rain tonight. Missing the corrado as well. Saw three on the way home the other night, seem to be everywhere since i sold mine. Finding the auto in the bmw strange as it's the first one i've owned.

C.jpg

Decided the bmw's not for me, can't explain it really. Can not fault the car quick, smooth, well-built, but abit lazy to drive.

Biggest problem for me is the triptronic change, just don't feel involved. Must be me as alot of higher performance cars have it such as porsches. Anyone else feel the same?

Everyone thinks im mad to think of selling it. To be honest i have as much, if not more fun in the golf round the lanes where i live.

Would be different if i used it as an everyday car possibly, but it only get used at weekend.

Anyway brought this yesterday, couldn't say no when i saw it. One owner and the cleanest one i've seen in a while.

media.jpg

If i do sell the bmw and don't put the money into the house, may look at the civic type r. Anyone owned one?

Can't wait to pick the corrado up tomorrow, plus the hours drive home.

It is clean for 108k, alloys must have been refurbed and very few stone chips as well. Ran a bit rough when cold, but he had tried to jet wash the engine.

Only fault i could find was the elec mirrors didn't work, but have a look at them when i get back.

Do you know anywhere locally that has vag-com apart from dealers, may try C&R at bulwell.

Where in nottingham are you based?

looks v.v. tidy mate! love the colour too!

dave's near Bramcote (i think!? - i met him at the paintshop a few weeks back :wink: )

sent you PM too,

scott

It is clean for 108k, alloys must have been refurbed and very few stone chips as well. Ran a bit rough when cold, but he had tried to jet wash the engine.

Only fault i could find was the elec mirrors didn't work, but have a look at them when i get back.

Do you know anywhere locally that has vag-com apart from dealers, may try C&R at bulwell.

Where in nottingham are you based?

Don't know anywhere locally with VAG-COM. You could try Bob Sherwin in Clifton. They do VW sales and service.

Link - http://www.bobsherwin.co.uk/index.asp

I'm in Sandiacre.

Stan,

Been keeping an eye out for another one almost since i sold the last one. Girlfriend and mates don't get why i like them so much, but each to there own.

Dave,

Thanks for that, but scott's mate has it and it a good excuse to have a look at his car.

Have put the golf up for sale and will use some of the money to have the car lowered as i stil have the alloys from the last one to go on. Also cleaned the elec mirror switch, so they work now.

Still got the alloys from my last one, so they will be going on for the summer.

Need to lower it first, but can't justify spending £600 on coilovers at the moment. May just get some lowering springs for the time being.

Always preferred the standard look i.e. OSV, so apart from that i'll keep it as it is.

The colour is twilight violet, don't normally travel far to view cars but not seen this colour before in the flesh.

Also it was registered to VW(UK) for the first ten months of it's life, then one owner for the last 11 years.

Sold the golf to a chap off Edition38, so it's gone to a good home.

But spent the money on a hardtop for the BMW, so lowering the corrado will have to wait.

Car's been called into daily service as of two weeks ago. Been gettitng between 33-36MPG for the 80 mile round trip, all A roads which isn't bad.

Not what i had planned for it, but needs must.

Car was tested on friday and failed on brake pipes and rear shocks and springs. Due to the timing am going to have it lowered by 40mm by some springs and see how i go.

Not the best picture, but here she is dropped 40mm.

No longer being used daily, so can begin to get it looking how i want for the summer.

Off the road at the moment as i think a wheel bearing is on it's way out.

Got hold of some H&R springs as well, so these will go on when the bearings done.

Next will be the RH alloys from my old C and possible some red rear lights.

P1010016-1.jpg

looking quality mate, get the wheels on tomoro and can take some pics of the both of them when mines back! :wink: