Sign in to follow this  
red corrado16v

Stupid question about Corrado doors !

Are they definitely the same? Think the VR has different wings ....

Would've thought the doors will be the same though.

Oh, and how do you "bend" a door?!

Not sure as I know sweet FA about the valvers (not that I know a lot about the VR either :lol:).

I would've thought that if the late valvers have the bulged bonnet, then it would probably share the VR wings as well.

>92 valvers, all VR6's, and late G60's have slightly more flared wings, a bonnet that does __/--\__ as opposed to --\__/--, different front bumper with fogs and indi's that sit further forward.

I though the doors were different too on account of some seals, but it turns out I just had a 3rd party seal on my old driver's door. The only other striking difference on the doors is the mouldings (and door interior).

HTH

im fairly certain that theres no difference between any of the bodyparts on a vr6 and any late raddo. As for the doors as far as i know you can fit a late door on a early car or vice versa..... :scratch:

The only other striking difference on the doors is the mouldings

had'nt noticed a difference?

neither had I until I called the stealer and asked for a set of mouldings, then the dude informed me that the early ones had been discontinued and the lates were the only ones around. As with a lot of early/late part differences, the main thing is the softness of the lines - i.e lates are more curvy. Oh, that and I've heard the early ones comprise of 3 pieces per moulding?? I'm guessing 2 end pieces and a centre section.

The differences are the wings and bonnet, the rest of the body panels are the same.

The doors themselves are the same, but the handles inside and out are different. The early exterior handles are flush, the late ones have a lip around the lock.

However, the interiors differ greatly. Differences being that as randal says, most of the early stuff is much more square.

The differences inside (as far as I can remember)...

All the vents

All the switches

Door cards

Door handles

Window switches in a different place

Stalks

And while we're here, the double gauge panel that you sometimes see only fits into the late dash ;)

Sorry, yes it will, but you may need to change the external door handle over and you'll certainly need to transfer the door card over from your current door.