Sign in to follow this  
andy.b

REMOVING ORIGINAL FRONT BUMPER & REPLACING WITH A REIGER

My car (VR6 Corrado) is in the body shop at the moment and they have just tolled me they are strugling to remove my original bumper.

where are the fixing points for my front bumper?

also i have bought a full reiger RS front bumper (part of the reiger GTX body kit) and i want to no the best way to fix this to my car?

cheers!

6.30 on a sunday and they ring you????..sounds weird!. Also a bit weird that a bodyshop cant remove your bumper...if i remember correctly its just 4 bolts?

yep 4 bolts = 2 each side.. you can't really miss them - just put your head under the bumper and look up!

When you say body shop I hope you don't mean the type that sells cosmetics - it may explain why they can't figure out how to remove you bumper though ;)

THe bumper is removed by removing the (17mm?) bolts (two from each side) NOT THE MIDDLE ONE!!!

Have a look underneath and you'll see what I mean. I worry about your body shop if they can't remove the original bumper :roll: :roll:

Adam

they will probably also have to bond some parts of the original bumper to the rieger, costing you more money.

as happend to me!

You need :-

The old bumper

The new bumper

Stickerflex (tube) (intercooler fitment)

The Reiger bumpers come with a mounting kit which i beleive has broken on a few cars, so i decided to go the ironwork way

You need to break apart the old bumper to get the ironwork apart. This can be used to be bonded to the new bumper to allow mounting with the car. .

When JMRdid mine john used the light mounting bracketes from the original bumper and grafted them into the RS4 bumper as the riger ones looked a bit naff. Also you need to work out some way of supporting the reiger bumper at the side by the wings as my RS4 bumper had mounts but they once again looked rubbish.

Get it painted and fit the grills make sure that the bodyshop take into account that one of the grills need to be removable to allow for towing (god forbid)

At this point get a front mounted intercooler (center grill) to stick in the front grill and move your aftermarket oil cooler so that it gets air flow from either the left or the right grill( keep that oil tempo down in the summer)

Mount it and watch out for the speed humps!!!!!!

I will put some pics up tonight when i get home

Maybe its just that the bumper overlaps the plastic inner arch covers so the bumper needs to be pulled away from the wings on each side to clear them?

if you still have a chin spoiler on, you need to remove all of the bolts that hold that on too as they go through the lower front subframe panel and will stop the bumper from coming off too... ;)

My plastic Reiger RS4 bumper was rivited onto the original ironwork behind the fogs/indicators and then I used some self tappers through the wheel arch liners to hold it up there too. I never got around to spraying it up (sold in instead) but when it was going to be sprayed, I was going to sikaflex the ironwork all around where it touched the plastic to hold it even more securely...

It was pretty secure as it was though, as I managed a GPS clocked 139MPH without it coming loose! :lol: