Sign in to follow this  
adamukcorrado

i've lost the horn!!???

the horn doesn't work on my 'rado! i have changed both horns and tested them by connecting them direct to the battery and they work beautifully, but when i press the centre of the steering wheel all i get is a slight clicking from the direction of the fuse board, which leads me to think it's a dead relay, but which one??? any help would be much appriecated.

could it be the switch under the button on the steering wheel? (( that operates the horn ))

if the relay is clicking that tends to mean it's working.

Try testing the feed between the relay and the horn

oh and also isn't there a earth wire on the rack that sometimes breaks off?? might be worth chacking that too.

good luck 8)

yeah i've had that all apart and all seems ok, the fact that it's causing a 'click' elsewhere would also indicate that the buttons working??

my works van makes the same 'click' if you press the horn with the ignition turned off, and then works with the ignition on.

sounds like a broken or earthed out wire then. you could trace them and fix them.. probably a b***h of a job.. or DIY it and chop the wires and put new ones in.

cheers guys :D , will look into replacing/ repairing the wires, MOT's not for a while so no great rush, just have to hope no one jumps out in front of me!!