Sign in to follow this  
Trig

VR6 standard alarm system

Hi, i'm new.

Picking up my '94 VR6 in a week and am trying to sort out insurance. Direct line seem to be the cheapest (£860 fc) but I don't know what alarm is fitted in my car. The guy at the garage where i'm getting it from says it is the standard factory fitted alarm/immobiliser but on the direct line website there are no VW ones listed. I dont have access to the cars documents until I pick it up.

So if anyone can help me I would be grateful,

cheers then

I think it's a Scorpion full closure system as standard - I might be wrong though?

If anyone know's where to get another key fob from also that would be of use to me (still on topic just about)

i thought they were lazerline...

when you say fob do you mean the immobilizer on the dash thingy?

I think it's a Scorpion full closure system as standard - I might be wrong though?

If anyone know's where to get another key fob from also that would be of use to me (still on topic just about)

Mine had the VAG 5000 (Scorpion)

Are you looking for a fob that works or just a replacement plastic outer casing?

You know what they could be laserline?

I'm really not 100% sure.

When I say key fob I mean the black square plastic part with the two buttons to lock/unlock and set off the alarm - god knows why, it's suppose to be a panic button but I have to get two meters away from it to work...

(thingy you wack on the key ring)

It's just the casing that is cracked - currently been held together with black tape for the last 5 months and no problems but would like a new looking one

Thanks for the quick replies.

The list of alarms on the direct line site has loads of lazerline ones and a few scorpions but no '5000's'. There are definatley no VW ones.

You need to get a form with your alarm details on and a note from the installers - atleast I did with mine.

My cars last owner was kind enough to attach a photo copied form of this which I had to send in.

Standard alarms for Cat 1 on 1994 Corrado at delivery were Scorpion 5000 and Conlog 900. These were sold under VAG accessory part numbers but weren't "badged" VW. Both will not feature on the Thatcham approved lists now. Not all owners had alarms fitted by the dealer. So it may not be even an old Cat 1 standard.