Sign in to follow this  
JanLP

Power windows with a mind of their own...

Hi. I am in need of some tips on what is wrong with my eletric windows.

I have just fitted a 91 leather cabin in my 93 16v Corrado - and I also fitted power windows. Today they have been acting wierd again. With the engine of (and immobilizer on) the windows will go down - but no way they are going up again.... Last time I rolled them down with the engine on - and the same result - they would not go up again.. Today I tried everything - immobilizer on/off - engine on/off - But nothing... I disconnected all the wires to both passenger and driver side windows - but nothing.. Checked the fuse - but I was okay.. Finally I pulled the side covers off to get to the control box in the back - I didn´t even touch it - but suddenly they worked again... I put the covers back on - and they are still working (fingers crossed) - what the h.. is going on... Nothing is interfering with the wires from the control box.. Could it have something to do with my immobilizer ??

Pls Help - because even in June - we get rain in Denmark - And I could think of something better for my new leather..

Thanks - Jan LP

hi dude.

just had a problem like that with my windows aswell and it was my drivers door handle causing it. not sure if that will help because it seems your problem came from changing the interior...just a maybe.

hi dude.

just had a problem like that with my windows aswell and it was my drivers door handle causing it. not sure if that will help because it seems your problem came from changing the interior...just a maybe.

It got mixed up with the wireing to the windows - or ?

no...the barell was too loose on the actuall handle..so when i was taking the key out of the lock it was leaving the barell in the wrong position....like i said, i dont think its the same thing....just a suggestion!.....i was also having problems with the central locking.

I have a simlar problem now and then when I switch the engine off, the passenger window will roll down.. spooky lol

i am king of window probs lol - first one was only being able to open the window when the drivers door was open (hars at mach 4) lol....

the second was driving at 100mph in the wet and they went down and stayed down :( - my poor seats lol

have you checked all fuses are Athe correct value and B not blown?

if it hapens when you start the car sounds like a bad earth

did any of the swiches get wet at any time?

did any of the swiches get wet at any time?

No they are surely not wet..... I have taken them out and dried them, just in case... But now my problem is that I can´t alway roll the windows up - down = no problem... And today they worked for an half hour. But when I tried to close them - no response.. but they could open more - but no closing... ??? Could it be a bad earth ?