Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

Golf Rallye

If you couldn't afford to keep your wheels the upkeep and costs of a Rallye which are 17yrs old will be prohibitive. Also cool looking but too heavy by far for the power, which means upgrades and even thirstier than a VR.

The syncro drivetrain costs big time...fuel, parts, grey hair, special to Rallye rear shocks, etc etc.

How do I know, read below. 340 miles on 15 gallons, I daren't work that out.

Gavin

Used to have one.Nice enough car but fairly underpowered as standard,chip and pulley helps.Left hand drive not the easiest for overtaking on country roads either.

Most people don`t realise that its standard.The number of times I had to explain it wasn`t a Golf with a body kit :lol:

Think you would be far better off with a corrado though :!:

My mates got one.. great fun, but left hand drive is a bum. Where you would say i can get a bus through there, well on the other side of the road you can't take that chance! I'd say they weigh about the same as a rado?!

Defo a weekend/show car rather than everyday

my mate uses one as an everyday, once you get on top of all the little niggles it not a problem, but he's a mechanic so.. i treally isnt a problem :p

agree about the power, but once you get it chipped pulleyed and port the charger its fast. oh so very fast :D the 4wd can surprise a few scoobs too!

overall i'd think it was no diff from a g60 rado bar the fact all the panels and alot of drivetrain/shocks/exhaust are excluse and the LHD is naff!

Rados have very got handling, golfs have lots of understeer.. even on the rallye. 4wd doesn;t solve all problems. May make them worse or fun, which ever way you look at it!

Rados have very got handling, golfs have lots of understeer..

That's largely down to the Rado have a lot more negative camber and a stiffer setup than the Golf.....Rado also has a lower centre of gravity and the key weight (driver, passengers & fuel tank) is lower down too.... it all helps.