Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

Back from Le-man 24hrs "with pics"

Aha... miles away from us.....

We managed to negotiate use of our neighbours paddling pool for the sunday which was an absolute godsend...

That said there were a fair few 'antics' going on in and around houx Annexe (not all of them good). where we were. including a couple of tents deciminated by misfired fireworks..

g-man, would one of those pics be of an actual real life rare Lancia Stratos!?

Like this one:

a_lancia_stratos_23.jpg

There were copies made of this full blooded rally car and "the way to tell a copy from the real thing is that the panels on the copy line up better!"

Quoted from Jeremy Clarkson- Top Gear.

Chris

Also spotted around the circuit this weekend:

Maclaren F1, DeTomaso Pantera, Ferrari 250GT, Ferrari F50, a 1930 Bentley 4½ litre race car, Ultima GTR, Jag D-type, Arial Atom 275 (that must have been a long & windy trip!), the Sagaris, and the EVO-owned Lamboghini Murcielago

Also, more TVR's, Lotus, Astons, Cobras, Ferraris, Caterfields, Lambos, Nobles and 'exotic' Porsches (GT2/GT3/RSR/Speedsters) than you would ever believe were registered with English plates on them.

That said, I'm not exaggerating in that the Corrado group, who were located in almost the centre of Houx Annexe got a lot of notice from the other owners out there. Seems 8 Corrados together in the same place was a bit unusual and interesting for them, as it's a "forgotton" car for a lot of people

Great racing, great group of people, great party, great trip.

John

g-man, The way to tell a "real" Stratos from a kit is the wheel studs - most kits only have 4 stud wheels - original Statos has 5.

Shame we didn't see you there - maybe we can all get together in the circuit next year..

I was there too, got back yesterday, much more tanned than when I left. Saw Darren but had no idea who else was there!

Three of us managed to get right through the security and the woods to the moulsan (sp?) straight at 4am. We stood literally 4 feet from the tarmac with no barrier and the cars going past flat out at just under 200MPH. The Corvettes sounded just awesome, plus I have the whole thing on video for proof! Top Top few days and I am just glad I have the rest of the week off! :)

Some great photos here from everyone... mine are to follow as I was shooting film and have to get it dev'd this afternoon!!!