Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

VR6 Mocal oil cooler Group Buy - Update page 1

The Golf and Vento have bigger engine bays (more air flow) and the engine is smaller, so makes less power, ergo less heat....

Joe, a mocal should drop you down to 110.... get some Redline water wetter and the lower fan switches/stat from Neuspeed too.... being as the water jackets around 1 and 6 are the smallest (why they overheat and ovalise), you need to do every thing you can to keep the engine cool, especially if track days are a regular thing for it....

Seems to stabilize in the 130's on track in mine, if the mocal drops that to the low 120's ill be happy.

Bl00dy hell Joe - I assumed you had one of these already fitted! - I'd never consider taking a G60 or VR6 on a track without, 130 is way too hot IMO :?

It reads a bit high, 88 at the mot centre said 102 on the mfa. Once it gets into the 130's I usually star backing off. At oulton after backing off it kept increasing to 152 as the big ends were seizing...

Hello all,

Assuming this is open to the Golf Boys as well, I'd like to be included.

Thanks,

Pete

Kev? As I've already bought a mocal is it possible to get the other parts separately on this GB? Thanks.