Sign in to follow this  
Yandards

Got all arty

Was in the middle of changing my FK's to Koni TA's and H&R's when I noticed this, decided it would make a good photo so here it is.

1st prize of absolutely nothing goes to the first person to correctly identify the reflected car.

And yes I know my car needs a wash!

Good spot henny but spitfire coupe is a bit off the mark, the largest engine they put in a spit was a 4 cylinder 1500, the GT6 has a 2L straight 6.

Lots of fun in the wet on roundabouts :wink:

OK, so what are the chassis and running gear (not to mention a large chunk of the body panels) from then? :-P Yup, I'll stick by my Spitfire Coupe description...

My uncle has 2 of 'em and my other uncle used to have one too... I love 'em to bits! 8)

Post up some pics of it anyway... is it yours? 8)

chrishill, OK, how many exterior body panels does the Corrado share with the Golf? NONE... Look at the pics I just posted of the GT6 and the Spitfire and tell me that's the same for those! ;) Hell, even the official owners club is the "Spitfire AND GT6 owners club"... :roll: :lol:

True, but you could also say it was a Vitesse/Herald based on the chassis, (Triumph early platform engineering!) and the driveshafts are unique to the GT6, rubber doughnuts join the two halfshafts.

It does share some body panels with the spit, but the running gear - g'box, diff and engine are shared with the Vitesse.

It just doesn't know where is comes from - bit of a bastard offering really!

Best bit is the tax and insurance though, tax free and insurance for a group 18 car fully comp unlimted mileage for under £125! (That was with 0% no claims to but over 25)

at the end of the day, it's still a nice looking classic BRITISH sports car... 8)

(need some photos of it in this thread though! ;) )

I would have entered but you'd have bounced me cos I already knew :)