Sign in to follow this  
Baz2004

strut brace

Just wondering when fitting upper front strut brace do you have to drill holes in the bay near the top mounts to alloy bolts to secure it in place?

I noticed a couple of small screws in place already do these play any role in securing them ?

I noticed a couple of small screws in place already do these play any role in securing them

i ground these off tbh as they got in the way.

Just wondering when fitting upper front strut brace do you have to drill holes in the bay near the top mounts to alloy bolts to secure it in place?

I noticed a couple of small screws in place already do these play any role in securing them ?

The two screws already in place are for ABS plug brackets .

Yes you need to drill through the strut towers. I'm considering a custom welded triangulated one to restore some of the chassis' strength after 10 years of flexing this way and that....

I recommend fixed braces made of steel. Hinged alloy ones such as the Eibach are just for show.

A lower one inconjunction with a seam welded subframe also helps matters and a rear one also does wonders.

I having real trouble fitting this to my early valver. It wont fit, if I put it one way the expansion bottle/throttle body is in the way and another way the brake servo/bottle is in the way?

Has anyone on here fitting one of these to a valver? does it involve moving the brake servo? :scratch:

Lower and rears went in with no probs.

No you can't move the servo...change the brace... you need one like this, which is a Eurosport Accessories from NSRacing.

...change the brace...

Boll*x U sure these Eurosport ones fit valvers? Im beginning to think its not possible to fit these to early valvers. The TB From this photo the throttle body looks like it will be in the way.

Baz, what brace have you? i have a neuspeed one, which is almost the same as the one kev put up.

put a pic of it up, it might be for an 8v or a mk2 golf, or........

pics tell a thousand words

I don’t have any pics of it but it’s the exact same as the blue one in the photo. Im pretty sure it will only go on the G60s perhaps a Vr but there is no way is going on my 16V without modifications.

meetingccd05090.jpg

A straight bar across the front end might be the only solution.

meetingccd05091.jpg

Im in no rush to get another one, Im getting rid of this one first before I shell out any more cash.

Barry, i think its ebay or the small adds for that one

you need something like the one key showed you, try Trevm on vage, he is autosystems and might have one in stock

the only pics i could find of ones were like this

16vTurbo_24.jpg

ps i know its turbo'd :lol:

ps i know its turbo'd :lol:

The old sirocco manifold comes in handy there.

Ill put it up on eBay next time I get a chance to take pics of it. As I said I won’t be rushing out to buy a replacement any time soon. I have the rear and lower ones on so things should be tight enough.