Sign in to follow this  
reaper1_3

FK AK Coilover kit

Hi all been offered a set of these for £280 brand new?

is that a reasonable deal also whats the ride like with these fitted?

:D

cheers

I have had the other fk coilovers (the one above that model) on some of my cars before and they are good for the money , the lower you go the stiffer the set up is. I think the ak's only go down 60 or 80mm but thats ok if you have 17's like yourself, hope that helps

there was a stand at vw festival selling the AK's for £350 and i thought that was a good deal! £280 is a bargain, snap them up.

They're not that good though are they?

Also I'd question that "the lower you go the stiffer it becomes". The only way to make a coilover stiffer is by fitting a different spring or adjusting the compression damping. A budget shock like the AK will not have this functionality. "The lower you go the stiffer it should become" would be more accurate.

The lower you go the bumpier it becomes would also be accurate if the suspension keeps hitting it's bumpstops.

their more than fine for the money,,, and quite comfortable even with the car slammed on its arse

the AK' kit has got to be the best value "budget" suspension kit on the market at this moment... far better than the supersports/etc budjet kits. I have fitted a few of these now (as we are a retailer for FK.:wink:) and everone who has some has been more than happy with them.

Granted there never going to be h&r's but for less than half the price they give people the option to corner weight at a sensible price and this will then transform the car again more than any budget coilover kit.

well thanks for your comments everyone, i have actually bought a set today, not the aks got offered a set of fk highsports at a crazy price so i bought em! :D :D

will be here tomorrow!

Oh happy days!!!