Sign in to follow this  
HyDeZaLoT

Looking For A Good Alarm

i want my new rado to be kept safe (esp now that i've pumped alot of money into the system)... so i'd like to get an alarm system that also has remote start and remote window control (as well as door and trunk control)

does anyone know of a good kit or of at least a good brand to be getting?? TIA

I've got a toad a606i which i've been well happy with so far. I asked the guy about remote starting out of interest when i got it fitted and he seemed pretty confident that any of the remote start modules from the other manufacturers could be wired into the system. I half remember him saying that clifford arent doing the modules any more though and they're the only ones I knew of.

secure + remote start?!? No such thing... If your alarm/immobiliser can be overcome with a single click and that also starts the engine then it ain't secure... I've got remote start on my Corrado which will be removed as soon as I can work out which bits to remove! Remote start also invalidates your Thatcham catagory and thus your insurance... :|

If you're really set on keeping the car, get a GPS/GSM tracker on it which'll text you when the alarm gets activated... some of 'em also stop people car-jacking you by allowing you to kill the engine simply by sending a coded text message to the car! 8)

me and chris vr6nos (god not that again!) talked the security thing over with the guy who fitted my alarm. he said they're designed to cut out as soon as the handbrake is taken off so unless you have the key, you cant go anywhere. obviously you could just cut the handbrake cables though, so you're right henny, sort of makes your alarm pointless. I wouldnt fit one personally but you have to admit its a nifty trick.

chrishill, Ah! That'd explain why mine had the handbrake switch disconnected then! :roll: :!:

hehe could do!

I think in the end we decided if you could get the engine to start but the alarm to remain on and the doors locked it'd be secure enough to leave it with the engine going, only problem is you'd have to turn the motion sensors down so low they'd be next to usless. in short... too much hastle and people would probably think you were a kn*b if you ever used it in public anyway. :lol:

ah! that'd be why the interior sensors are sh!t too! :lol:

I soooo want a new alarm system! :roll:

kewlness, thanx for the input.. the main reason i wanted a remote start is b/c of the convenience that it was when i had it in my last car. and you can wire the kill switch to anything... the clutch, the brake, heck, even the gas pedal. so i would have no fear of the security being comprimised in the car. and yes, i suppose i could get two seperate systems, i just don't want to have under the dash to be too cluttered with control boxes and such..

If you're really set on keeping the car, get a GPS/GSM tracker on it which'll text you when the alarm gets activated... some of 'em also stop people car-jacking you by allowing you to kill the engine simply by sending a coded text message to the car! 8)

Any more info/contacts on this? I was planning on getting a tracker fitted when I had enough money so further information would be appreciated, thanks :)

Check out this website. They make remote start alarms that are specificaly for standard transmission vehicles. You can also get two way so you know whats going on with your car when it's out of site. Its also fully upgradeable, so you could add on a window rollup module if you want to.

http://www.compustar.org/