Sign in to follow this  
g60_Pete

My G60

well after spending by far too much money on her already, im beggining to think i should have got something a little less maintenance heavy. i LOVE the car she's great fun to drive and slaps alot of other newer cars in the face.

however being a student and only working 2-3 days a week at £4.50 an hour my problem lies in that all those niggly little problems that need doing.. CANT GET DONE

so i will quickly price up all the work i've had done to her so far :

-high pressure oil sensor £20

-touch up stick £10

-front tyre £55

-stainless exhaust system £305

-cobra cat 1 alarm and immob £199

-new alternator £250

-alt belt £20

-breather tube £20

-boost hosing £5

-spark plugs £30

-oil filter £10

-oil £17

-front engine mount £75

-front bumper £280

-fixing front wing,grille bar and spraying bumper/wing £675

so.. in roughly 2 months i have spent around £2k (1971 to be more exact)

now the car only cost me 2k for gods sake, and i love it to bits but i know that next month there's going to be something else to do.

now i really do love the car and i dont want to get rid of her, but the tax and insurance is coming up at the end of my summer hols (sept) and there's no way in hell im going to be able to fork for that and still be able to live if the upkeep continues to be this high.

what do you think guys, should i sell her and maybe regret it, or just keep going with her, im a little crazed at the thought of changing her already

you cant sell her surly mate.........you need to enjoy the money you've spent first....you'l struggle to get it back in the re-sale value....plus shes a stunner :wink: .....just dont drive her as often..or something... :? ...or get a real job... :wink:

Alternitavly...in a couple of months my g/f will be through her test..you can buy her car from her as soon as shes passed....i put £5 in it the other day and it filled half a tank!.

nuff said?

quality!

i was thinking about selling her for something like a valver or a honda crx (gasp) at least being nasp i dont have to worry about chargers or other stupid faults. little more economical and cheaper on insurance..

I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT DO!

nice panda!

a honda crx is a nice car for kids 'n' girls....but its a step down from a 'c'....a valver is a better idea....like dave16v's....much less maintenence and fuel etc.....

or then again...you could have the 750cc goodness of the panda....with NOS stickers and tinted windows...

omg it has NOS?!?!?! the stickers say it does so it MUST that must do like 0-60 in like 4.0!

the rex i nearly bought before i got my corrado, i just couldnt find one that didnt suck, still a great looking car, and very quick considering specially the vtec, although overrated.

valver would nark me for performance

alas...that pic was on the day i bought it....since then ive stripped it back to standard...since the stickers were removed its back to the 750cc...which would fail to get to 60mph so cannot be recorded.

I spose im just biased mate....i cant deny that the crx is a sporty looking little thing..and nippy too.....but im just a vw dude...i think i'd rather a polo g40 or a golf gti or something than a crx. its not about the 0-60 to me..it about the personality of the car....you would show love to a crx now would you????

oh i would, im not that big on badges (so long as it isnt a vauxhall) if the car looks good to me (bad taste) then it gets love.

crx. i'd hit it.

corrado. i have hit it ;)

fiat coupe. oh yeah baby.

they were the choices i had 2 months ago, fiat too ££ for insurance, crx's were all rusty and riced, the g60 was the only standard rado i found! i was looking at a nugget valver before but i couldnt visit it.

*edit* i'll sort it out, gonna fit my alternator and go for a drive.

gave her a right good caning last night, and this morning and the day before. i feel good :D

now im going to spend tomorrow polishing off dead flies (crap) and wondering if i should tcut her...

although mistrall your C is noice. but not fast enough :D