Sign in to follow this  
trev-b

Which fuel to use for a G60?

I tried a search for this but to no avail, which fuel is best to use on a Corrado G60? Is it a case of the higher the RON the better or is it quite happy to run on regular unleaded?

Damn there goes my plan for getting 50mpg! Seriously though is it ok to run on normal unleaded or do you lose power?

i use normal unleaded when i cant get optimax tbh the seat of the pants dyno cant tell much different you wont do any damage using normal 95 ron unleaded mate

I've never noticed a difference in power...just tick over etc...the car seems alot happier on higher octane fuel...not that normal unleaded will harm the engine in any way that i know of....

plus theres a tescos and the bottom of my road that happens to be one of the ones doing super unleaded so i might as well!>

Depends on the chip in your ECU: Does it already have the maps for 98 octane fuel? Mine's even got a map for 100 octane fuel as sold on the continent :-)

Tempest

Thanks for the advice guys, i ran it down and stuck some regular unleaded in it and it seems a bit slower maybe just psychological though.

You rolling a VR yet dangerous dave?