Sign in to follow this  
sane

France road trip

Took off to France in May with my girlfriend for a 7 day road trip through Brittany, Normandy, then across to Burgundy and Champagne. Just had the Storm 2 weeks and couldn't wait to get going. Covered 1800 miles in one week, just absolutely superb, what a car and a/c to stay fresh. The car is standard apart from a small drop to complement an outstanding machine. A few pics along the way.

Sane

lovely places & pics

I went through similar places and views on the way to Brussels 2 years ago then again on the Austria trip to the VW show, great mountains, breathtaking

Chris

Awesome car, love the pic of Mont St Michel with the back of the rado in shot.

I bottled out of taking my rado to Biarritz in June in favour of my gf newer focus. Regretted it big time so going back again in September with the rado 8)

Off to Scotland shortly .. in the missus' 206. :(

I would love to take the C, but frankly paying an extra £100 on petrol AND me being the only person who can drive it would make it impossible. (12 hours straight to get there? No way.)

cheers chris.

billinjahg60, south of france def on my list next year.

DanA, thanks, i have new standard shocks up front and koni ajustables on softest setting at back, and lowerd 30mm all round with eibach springs. looks much better, handles well and is still soft enough not to be too crashy in town.

biggerbigben, ah the memories!

dig776, thanks, enjoy your trip in september, its what these cars are made for.

dr mat, go on take the C, the sheer pleasure is worth the extra 100pounds plus you would want to do all the driving.

sane

Dr Mat, where are you heading in Scotland? At this time of year all the good raods on the west coast are choka with tourists anyway so you wouldnt enjoy it.

East coast .. (brave man, I know).

Inverness and the Cairngorms is the plan.

If it was just for the sake of the fuel cost I would take the VR no question, but it's the 12 hour drive up and back. We're not going for long enough to justify taking two days to get there, so it's really got to be all in one go. I wouldn't mind being the only driver for the day-to-day stuff.

Maybe next year, when the missus can drive it (hopefully)...!

Sane, great pics!! Inspiring stuff.

I'm visiting a friend in Toulouse in August for 4 days. Sadly i have to fly to fit the trip in. Wish i could road trip it instead now!!!

Starky.