Sign in to follow this  
craigbeal

Removals Van Love Tap

Came to the car yesterday and found it had been hit by a removals van. Talked to the fella who had just moved in down the road and he was sound and gave me all his details etc. Do you thik it could be a write off though as the bonet doesnt open now so somthing else must be twisted...

I wouldn't write it off mate. A wing and possibly a bumper should see it sorted. Else I'll bung you 500 for it?? :roll:

Obviously new bits will cost the earth but if you are prepared to accept good 2nd bits theres no reason to put a bullet in it. A wing and a bumper would be circa £200 paint and fit same again?

Cheaper still if you hang out for bits in the right colour.

Gavin

Aren't some people thoughtful. Leave £1000's worth of damage on your car and wonder off like nothing happened.

Tossers!

Just phoned the insurance and they vare picking it up in the next frew days to go to a body shop. Getting some shitty 1.0l car lol Only thing that made me worry about it being written off is cos the bonet doesnt open...

I reckon that they'll repair that bumper and stick on a new wing... 8)

when you say the bonnet won't open, what does it do when you pull the handle? It could just have moved the wing enough to foul on the bonnet edge and stop it releasing properly...

Looks nowhere near enough to put it down over... Still a major bummer though... :(

Got it to open with a little force and looks like the pannel that goes from wing to wing at the front has bent too so i assume they will just replace that also...??

eep, the slam panel is VERY expensive... see if they'll repair that rather than replacing it... :|

hate that craigbeal thoes dirty ***************

now after my rant isnt that the worst thing to happen and they dont even leave their details i know what ide say to them.

hope u get it repaired and it doesnt cost u a packet and that youre back on the road soon

Repair shop came and looked at the damage to the car this AM and listed what needed doing. She really liked the car and said that for £100 cash in hand they will do the bang on the back arch which has been there since i bought the car wilst they do the front, so all in all gonna look better then it has since i bought the thing. :)

finaly go the car back today 16 days after they picked it up. Really glad to have it back after driving a ford KA about. I hate not having a car people dont notice! Forgot how low down the car is when i took it for a spin... Happy days... Pleased with the job on the car and the colour match is good. They sprayed the whole side in the end and fixed a dent & key mark i had on the back pannel at the same time too. So if you need a repair or new pannel just get sombody to crash into you.... Funny how things turn out lol

looks good beal, they could`ve put your number plate back on straight thou!!!!

when do you wanna get started on the matrix then????

ben

ye i need to do the matrix buddy cos with the rain at the mo and no heaters its getting fogged up :( Need to order the matrix really and then do it in one go. Get paid in about 2 weeks though so will have to wait until then...

cool just give me a bell, remember about tatton park im sur gazzag60 has got a spare pass if you want one