Bally

My 16v Corrado.. Featured in this months (Jan 2010) PVW!

Bally as my bro says the silver centres deffo bring out the colour in your car for the better. Reminds me of wheni first saw your car parked in hounslow a few years ago when your rc's were silver, it has that fresh look back.

dayymm they look cool...i done a phtoshop a while ago on mine...but they didnt look like they do in your pics!

respects paaji, you got some stretch goin on at the rear:p

i proper want to see your car in real life brv

:Bacardi:

Singh

Cheers bro.. Im at most of the meets.. mostly cov, but should be at the west london meet on monday all being well... 8)

hey b, all this arguing :confused4: you know those rims were about since 04 right?

p.s. The silver centers have definatly bought out the blue in the colour 8)

No.. these are the new modernlines... the older ones had more dish, the centres on these come out more... thanks bro...

im not arguing, just friendly banter :p lol

nor was I... indeed... :D

Bally as my bro says the silver centres deffo bring out the colour in your car for the better. Reminds me of wheni first saw your car parked in hounslow a few years ago when your rc's were silver, it has that fresh look back.

thanks yeh I remeber them pics you took... thats 4yrs ago!!

anyways more pics......................

14.jpg

DSC01034.jpg

2437042329_b07c83a7ed-1.jpg

DSC01042-1.jpg

well buggar me sideways. i have only just reaised that yours is a 16v, mine being the vr6 im struggling quite a bit to get the wheels to stop catching ont he back so i thought i would look at yours to see how the sat on the rear, mine stick out more than yours and i couldnt suss out why (being the same et etc) then i read the top of the page, Bally's 16v. smeg lol

ah well mine are gonna get some beef taken off em to get em to fit a bit better lol , not going as low as yours is i just want it to stop catching now! :D

still love yours mate :D

looking really swish mate, love the wheels! - wheel idea thief! i still had mine first :p lol (given yours are 9 all round mine are 9 on rear with 7.5 for front)

1st dibs on the wheels Phil :wave:

wondered how long it would be :p lol

you asked me where i got mine from and ordered em from the same place! :p lol

still looks really really well tho :D i want mint doing so bad now! :D

well :p lol you stilla sked me where i got mine from lol ;) even if they didnt come from the same place :p

im not arguing, just friendly banter :p lol

Friendly banter or not, you're gonna break a certain smiley... care to guess which one :shades:

Back on topic, can't say enough about the car. looks sooo fresh!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

New rad fan switch sorted out the hot running then Bally..?

New rad fan switch sorted out the hot running then Bally..?

Evening Jim

we replaced the fan switch 2wks ago but was suplied with the wrong one by G&S so we replaced it again & also fitted a genuine thermostat as the pattern part we fitted with the new water pump didnt seem to be up to the job... so far running alot cooler, although valvers do run warm in summer weather, keeping an eye on how it behaves as planning a big road trip next month... big thanks to davidwort for all his help & knownledge :D

did i spy a sneaky pic in PVW this month!? or is there another one about thats same colour with the wheels aswell! lol :D

Phil.jpg

did i spy a sneaky pic in PVW this month!? or is there another one about thats same colour with the wheels aswell! lol :D

Phil.jpg

Yeah I spotted that in PVW this month.. thanks...

Hi

Saw the car at m.i.v.w,just beautiful :D

KIM

Thanks Mate, I did the 720 mile trip to MIVW in the valver.. just hit 200k aswell

Had the car fully detailed before MIVW I will add pics...

Picture044.jpg

mivw1.jpg

miv.jpg

leiden2008_077.jpg

DSC01386.jpg

taken from brothers post on DW

My brothers been on at me to detail his Corrado, so with the run up to a show he was attending in Holland this weekend (M.I.V.W.) I set aside a few days.. but that wasn't to be, this week we had some pretty poor weather, I'm sure you'll agree!

Having machine polished a certain other Corrado G60, also making its way to the same show, the weather turned on us.

Anyway, day before he was off his road trip (750 mile round trip) the weather was on our side..

Pretty tired from 2 days of previous machine polishing on that black Corrado I did twice, now that's 3 times! my body was aching.

Here's how it began,

Starting with a few general shots

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

Now this car is a daily driver, no trailer queen or show puss..

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

Showing minor defects, but not bad considering the last time I touched it was 12 months ago..

He's done a pretty good job of keeping it as defect free as he could. Washed, single bucket method with lambs wool washmitt, hosed, UQD, dressing. That's been his routine for 12 months. Just taken alot of care and never let the dirt build up to level which he couldn't keep ontop of. I was pretty impressed as I've seen far worse with pre-foaming and 2BM.

Moving on..

First plan of attack was the wheels,

IMG_0062.jpg

Hit with Bilberry wheel cleaner, EZ Detail brush and a double sided Cosco washmit.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Wheels were rotated so I could get better access to the inner wheels near the callipers, the EZ brush wasn't getting in, also gave me better access to the callipers too.

IMG_0069.jpg

Sprayed off

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

Leaving this.

IMG_0073.jpg

The other 3 hit up at the same time too.

Next up, pre-foam using Megs Hyperwash. 1cm in a 1ltr bottle rest filled with warm water.

IMG_0074.jpg

Tested..

IMG_0075.jpg

Happy with that..

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Looking like it had tin of emulsion poured over her..

While it was dwelling I got the wash process prepared, CG Maxi Suds.

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

2 squirts with the plunge

IMG_0086.jpg

Agitated gently with the wash mitt.

back to the car,

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

5mins of dwelling

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

Sprayed off, then hand washed.

After which it was sprayed off to leave following,

IMG_0089.jpg

Showing very small amounts of protection. Last wax was several coats of P21s and the Megs UQD after every wash..

IMG_0090.jpg

To get the maximum results the car was clayed. The paint didn't feel at all contaminated, but seeing and feeling are two different things. 1 piece of clay was cut in half.

IMG_0093.jpg

Using Megs LT as clay lube this is how the bar looked after doing the bonnet.

So I proceeded..

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

Yup, multi-tasking...

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

The surface was all drying up so re-washed..

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

And dried with Miracle Dryer

So time to inspect the paint..

IMG_0117.jpg

Overcast was about throughout the day, so you wouldn't really say it had defects

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Not even that bad with the brinkman, very slight defects.

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

The above was of the drivers wing which had some minor blemishes, swirls and light scratches..

All in all the paint work was fairly defect free. I tried Menz FF, 3m Ultra Fine and Megs #80.. But wanted something to give me a level of correction and crisp clear sharp and rich finish good enough for LSP. Lower parts were fairly swirled, RIDS not really an issue on this car.

IMG_0126.jpg

So went with Megs #83 on a 3m high gloss waffle pad on the Makita.

Spread at 600rpm, then a couple of passes at 1200rpm and then for me up to 1500rpm. I find the steady breakdown of #83 to work better at this slightly higher speed personally, but the paint on this car is soft. It was fully resprayed 2 years ago, with several extra coats of clear.

After working upto 1500rpm for 4 - 5 mins the residue was nearly all gone, so reduce to 1200rpm for a couple of finishing passes - the residue nearly completely gone.

I got about 1/2 way round the car and the heavens opened.. So with really no time to spare I got out my gazebo which I use at trade events.

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

Dried the car down with the Miracle dryer and set myself up ready to finish off where I left.

Some before and afters

IMG_0137.jpg

Before

IMG_0138.jpg

After

IMG_0140.jpg

Before

IMG_0143.jpg

After

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

After of the rear. The defects on the rear and lower sides of the car were the worse, now its apparent the 1 bucket method was inflicting swirls into the paint..

The rear lights removed, so I could re-tint those since the top section was fading out to a orange.

Moving on with the correction,

IMG_0148.jpg

Before

IMG_0150.jpg

After

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

What a difference in clarity and most of all Colour! getting richer and deeper. The paint being flat and quite dry. The colour is simply amazing. Seeing his car every day I can't remember the last time when I noticed all the pearlescent and flips glowing through :)

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

Roof

IMG_0166.jpg

Before

IMG_0167.jpg

After. The haze you see on the right wasn't wiped down and was caught through the flash.

IMG_0172.jpg

Few generals machine polishing shots

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

You can already see the difference in colour, without the residue being wiped off during polishing, from the wing to the door.

IMG_0187.jpg

Only the front bumper to go..

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

Random shot while I was polishing away..

IMG_0208.jpg

Flash off

IMG_0207.jpg

Flash on.

IMG_0209.jpg

Bumper now done.

So with the machine polishing all done, I was happy with the level of correction and finish achieved. Never seen it looking this good, it looked good enough to take away as it was!

So, moving on the LSP..

IMG_0215.jpg

Car was wiped down with Menz Top Inspection.

IMG_0217.jpg

Now the bit I've been looking forward to.. Zaino :D

Z2 was mixed with 5 drops of ZFX.

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

Shaken and applied with Zaino applicator pads.

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

Left to cure for 20-25 mins.

Wiped of and spritz down with Z6, before another coat of Z2 ZFX'd

IMG_0227.jpg

Once that was done, at around 11pm at night, while the neighbours are thinking what the heck we were doing.. the car was finally completed, lights reinstalled and wiped down with Z8.

AFTERS

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

Apologies for the grainy pics, not an expert and taking photos in the dark.

Some from 6 in the morning before he set off to Dover to catch the ferry

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

Few comments on the Zaino. Z2, added an amazing amount of slickness and gloss, 2nd coat this was even more apparent. Z6 was good aid at removing any smear left from the Z2 after removal between the coats, given time maybe a 3rd or 4th coat would have been applied. Z8, the flake just popped even more and added a glass type quality which the pictures in the afters do no show very well. I remember the day the car rolled out of the paint shop after it was resprayed 2 yrs ago.. It looks even slicker and glossier :thumb: ... needless to say my brother was pretty gobsmacked at the results and i'll now be making sure to help keep ontop of the finish.

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

Cheers,

Am

:luvlove: :notworthy: :luvlove:

Well done, alot of hard work an attention to detail there. Think i would of had to wrapped it in bubble wrap,before setting off :)