Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

AK vs HIGHSPORT & Bumpstops?

Sorry, I have read the FK AK post, and dont want to bore you all to death but I am unsure of the diff between the AK and Highsport kits other than the £70 price gap! ?

Open to suggestions on other products as well. I want mine dropped by 35-40mm as im running 8x17s with 215/40/17s, kinda wish id put the 205s on now as I think i may have probs at the back and i did want some ride quality as well!

I'm also doing the front wishbones, top mounts and rear bumpstops or so MR MOT MAN SAYS !

At least the drop will justify the bill, as mine looks totally g.. compared to everyone elses at Malvern!

Any advice on set-ups appreciated, and i cant afford TA's/H&Rs Konigsports etc with all the other MOT stuff aswell unfortunately :(

Lend me your wisdom guys...............

As far as coilovers go i think its a case of use bumpstops if they come with the kit. I had a set of raceland coils that used no bumpstops but have seem (possibly) FK kits with them on.

I read a thread about the weathering of different coil kits on CGTI forum, Ill they to point you in the right direction for it if I can.

Cheers mate, the more info i can get the better. Still learning and have no idea on susp. Other than the fact i fitted some boge comfort kit to my mk1 gti and all my teeth fell out! That was 6 yrs ago though and things have moved on it seems. Hadnt even heard of coilovers until i bought my c!

nick48480 the threads you read where from me i think as i have just been down a similar winding road!! Which to get???

All i can tell you is i went for the highsports because after much research they seemed to be rated highly, alot of people seem to have used the AKs on golfs but couldnt find much re the rado so had the highsports fitted couple of weeks ago and basically i have no complaints, i too wanted a 40mm drop ended up going for 60mm, the highsports drop between 50mm- 80mm. Although the ride is abit harder it is still fine! your teeth dont rattle on every speed bump!! No issues atall with clearance one other plus it handles like it is glued to the road!! If you can afford it go for the highsports. :D

Nice one reaper, cant beat first hand experience. My only worry is that 50mm is too much of a drop for my 8x17s though!?

Car looks sweet btw

Have a look at my pics on the dubforce link below, the fronts are set at their highest. I don't know what this drop is in mm though. :)

Getting twitchy on this one now, keep phoning to order and chickening out.

I want a 40mm rear drop at the back running 8x17s with 215/40s. I think if i changed to 205s i would get away with more but tyres are brand new.

I really wanted a coilover kit so i can play with the ride height when required, but its looking like maybe Kevs ta/h&r set up may be the ticket, but thats £500!

FK AK's on Ebay are less than £300 delivered and include bump stops.

HELP! Dont want to buy a kit and find i need to buy smaller wheels. Unless anyone wants to swop my brand new ronals for some minty 16s of some sort?

Dont know what to do now, but its so high it makes me reach every time i look at the back end....

get some AK's you will be alright,,,,they ride really really good for the money,,, actually more comfortable than more expensive kits

I would agree with g60 i think you will be fine, i am sure my highsports will sit higher than a 50mm drop certainly looks like it anyway, go for it :D

join the low side!!!!

Nick, did you purchase the AKs from that Onix shop on ebay?

I am about to put 7.5x17 RCs running 205/40s on them. I think it will look soooo high that I will be forced to lower it (dam!) Trouble is the RCs are gonna wipe me out so I need a real bargin for suspension.

Comfort is essential (more than track performance) ideally I want an even gap around the arch (I think this is 40 mm drop, that right?)

Wondering also is the extra £70 is worth it for the highsports... :scratch: