Sign in to follow this  
biggrim

Thinking of a change

'Lo all. Just wanting to get some peoples opinions on something. I've had my G60 for about 2 and a half years now and have recently been thinking of selling it to buy something else. Now, 2 and a half years is the longest I've had any car, my other 2 were just a little over a year when I changed them.

When I was looking into first getting a Corrado when I was younger (20) I fancied the Vr6 but when the time came, the insurance was just silly. So I opted to get a G60. Which is awesome as it's just shy of VR6 performance and has leather and is in good nick. But, a mate of mine has just bought a VR6 and has made me very jealous indeed. So this, combined with the fact that I've always wanted a VR6 is making me want to sell the G and buy a VR (H8 RRA's is the temptation here).

Now, I've never driven a VR before and I know I should before I make any decisions but I was just looking for some advice. The tuning potential for the VR6 is awesome (the supercharger GB for instance) and standard, it'll do everything my G60 will do with ease. I know it's not cheap to get more out of the VR but I just love the noise they make and the fact that it's 190bhp standard and not after a good bit of breathing on.

I've waffled on now but I'm really looking for input from people who have driven/owned both a stage 4'd G60 and a std powered VR and let me know what they're opinions.

If I was still at uni, I'd have the G60 up for sale and do with out a car till I found the right VR but I need the car every day for work and I don't have spare cash sitting around (just bought a house you see). Looks like I'll have to give VR ownership a miss for another year or so.

Just thought I'd put up a long and boring post for you all to read. I'd apprecitare any input.

Cheers

build a silly G60 engine for it then you're never gonna get VR6 envy again! :twisted: :lol:

Go for a VR mate, even if just to try it, you can always get a G60 again if you don't like it.....and with a charger strapped to it.....you definitely won't go back to a G60 again!

It depends on what you want really.

If you want all-out power and exclusivity - get a tuned G60.

If you want burble and smoothness, then get a VR.

You need to drive both before you decide tho really. But make sure it's a fair comparison ;)