Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Stealth

Nice, video it is then! Do i drive it or do they do it? Not bothered as i trust them, but i can vid it if they do it! Mates getting is mk2 done as well though.

I have a vid clip of hennys blue one going pop though im sure!

Cant wait. Other worry is it shows something rubbish like 140 break !

Hope they can sort my pinking, thats my main reason for the setup and ive never ever done it before!

Vince does the driving!

I can't remeber his username now but a guy called Stuart organised and came down to a RR day with his G60 and a friend in a fire breathing 911 Turbo (which they also rollered) - the video might just be his G60 - it just popped a hose off, that was all.. refitted and it ran fine!

God yeah, I think only Japan has dynos where the customers do their own power runs, LOL!

Vince needs to take the engine up to the limiter in 4th gear and dip the clutch just before it kicks in....and small things like knowing the Golf VR's limiter is 300rpm lower than the Corrado VR's are why only he does the runs....

Must know what they are doing, i've phone 3 times and theres allways something screaming in the background.......uuuuuurrr!

LOL! :)

I love the way that the guy who takes the payment, etc kinda tries to sympathise that the bill is a bit steep or anything.. when I went to pick up my G60 after having loads of maintainance jobs done and it was like £500 or something (which I know is small in the grand scheme of things) he was saying stuff like "Phew.. yeah.. its a bit of a stinger isn't it.." - you gotta laugh sometimes though eh? :)

Nick, that's a Friday! But if we're not bus might take time out and pop up again. Had a laugh with Kev & Jim on Saturday 8)

Kev, any chance of getting the shocks and springs before hand cheaper?

Only my garage have offered to fit the lot for £200 including my VAG rear axel bushes! Not half bad in my book. But id have to source the susp and get it posted somehow.

Then just leave stealth to do the tweaking, sensors etc etc etc etc etc as im sure they will find lots to do! Rather they did it all but thats a great price i think, and yes my garage have just bought the £1200 rear axel tool and say its great.

I did see a wheel weight fly off and crack someone in the face (just below their eye!) at a rolling road in Canada :shock:

I have a vid clip of hennys blue one going pop though im sure!

Yup, you're probably thinking about the clip I posted up when I was getting her mapped with her coughing, banging and popping in all directions when the earth went on the laptop's connection to the ECU meaning that the map being sent to the ECU from the laptop suddenly became noise rather than a map! :lol:

I've run my cars on several rolling roads now and never had a problem... The worst I saw was at stealth where, as Jim says, he popped a boost hose off.... no damage caused just a bit of a bang and loss of power... The guys who operate the rolling roads know what they're doing and don't thrash the cars... when they stop making any more power, they don't take 'em any higher up the rev range 'cos there's no point... 8)