Sign in to follow this  
Riley

boost pipes / intermittent power and yellow injectors?

alright guys,few questions,thought i may as well stick em all in one topic.

1/where can i buy new boost pipes? how much? or maybe upgraded ones,or if anyone could point me to a good topic that covers this?

the one from the charger is all cracked around the jubilee clip but the boost reading on the mfa still indicates around 14 psi,maybe related to below?

2/i seem to have intermittent power :( mostly noticeable on half throttle,where i can feel the car not pulling then it will pull and not pull etc...any ideas?

3/what are yellow top injectors? got them from a m8 and he said all he knows is that they are from a pb engine.

any good for the g60? as an upgrade?

cheers,neil. :)

New boost hose's for your std intercoole'd car can be brought from VAG. or if you want metal one try eurospec "though i have seen some fitting issues with these in the past".

as to to the injectors NO in a word they dont flow enough.

your running problems i would think are going to be down to a sender / or a bad earth somwhere as i would assume you have checked you fuel pump pressure at the rail etc ?

cheers m8.

the bts seems to be ok,as the revs drop when i disconnect it,any other senders that could cause a problem?

how would i go about checking the fuel pressure?

by the way the ecu hose is new,1 meter exactly,plugs n cap etc are new.

thanks,neil.

Get the VW part number off them and post it up. Someone can check ETKA then and tell you.

G60 injectors are grey and green usually anything else is no good. Red tops which are generally bought as Ford Motorsport injectors are made by Bosch and are just about the only upgrade you would use in a G60. WITH an appropriate chip.

If that reading is correct, 1 BAR of boost isn't bad .

On the end of the fuel rail is a plug which you can remove to fit a fuel pressure gauge. It should read 3 BAR as that should be the setting of the FPR if yours is still std.

Pressure should not be confused with flow, but if your car pulls OK under full throttle I would say that the flow is adequate.

Like Darren says a dodgy wire or earth is a likely cause of intermittent power loss.

Gavin

thanks gavin :D

i gave it a checking over today and saw something that wasnt right,

2 allen bolts on the plastic charger outlet didnt seem tight,on further inspection they had pushed the metal sleeve through the plastic :shock: and the outlet wasnt fully pulled tight!

i stuck some washers on so that the box pulled up nice and tight and it seems the problem has gone :D

new problem though :roll:

i disconnected the bts and the revs rise?!

what does this mean,only the other day it made the revs drop?

cheers for the help,neil.

Prolly as you have cured that leak you need to set it up again??

Gavin

Meeting on sunday near me if you fancy a ride out. I'll have a quick look over for you. The Hermit pub at Hermitage Green. 1400hrs

ahh right yeah,ill stick the co machine on it again 8)

ill get them part numbers off the injectors too!

where is hermitage green gavin?

neil. :D

STUPID CO MACHINE! my power does the same thing his does, at random times, however my hoses are all intact.... would this be bad grounding?

Maybe that the ISV is sticking on the boost release thing that it does, my car was intermittant with power, then i changed the ISV and it was fine. Maybe the ISV is bleeding boost at half revs when it shouldn't, crack open the carb cleaner and give it a soak.

Maybe that the ISV is sticking on the boost release thing that it does, my car was intermittant with power, then i changed the ISV and it was fine. Maybe the ISV is bleeding boost at half revs when it shouldn't, crack open the carb cleaner and give it a soak.

funny you say that m8 actually,i noticed the isv buzzing and every few seconds it was clicking loudly,is it supposed to do that?

cheers.

ps:ive got other problems too at the mo,so you can just tell me it sounds ok if you want :mad:

neil.

Buzzing is normal, should be high frequency vibration to the touch, the clicking is not normal and i would check that out if i was you.

cheers m8,thought the buzzing was normal.

at first the clicking sounded like when the engines cooling down if you know what i mean,thought it was the inlet manifold or sommet.

then realised it was the isv by sticking a screwdriver on it and listening,its a click or more like a 'ping' every few seconds.

shall i try dunking it in petrol?

cheers,neil. :(

well mine does that too..... I always thought it was normal.... some things I just dont understand on this car... kinda like how poorly designed the glovebox is.

yeah,im starting to think the whole car is badly designed m8. :roll:

ill probably feel better once ive poured more money that i dont have into it.

cheers rustynuts,ill give it a try m8.

neil.