Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

reiger eyebrow/grille - yes or no?

I bought one a couple of months back after always wishing i'd put one on my 16v rather than the cheap eyebrow spoiler i ended up with. Its not been painted or fitted yet, and to be honest after seeing a silver VR at vw festival with one on.... i've sort of gone off it. I quite like the look of the front of the car as it is now, and the reiger grille might take it a bit too far away from the OEM+ look I'd like (a la OSV). So, the question is... what do you guys think? If anyone makes me a serious offer on the reiger grille it might push me one way or the other!

I really don't like the eyebrows on Corrados - it makes them look like they've got some kind of droopy eyelid thing going on.

Keep it off :D

Is this the one thats deeper over the headlights but shallower in the middle?

If so i like those ones and will buy it off you if you dont slap it on.

nah mate its the full on thingy, eyebrow with attached grille...

a>).jpg

I had an 'up in the middle' one on my valver, got it from GSF I think, not much more than £25, but it wasnt the best quality.

Is this the one thats deeper over the headlights but shallower in the middle?

If so i like those ones and will buy it off you if you dont slap it on.

The one you're talking about is the Kamei (sp?) one...

aaa, thats the one i want then colour coded they look quite nice and subtle i think. This ones very much personal taste though, each to their won etc.

Like to see what the reiger looks like though and i cant find a pick?

I dont think it looks wrong on an early C at all. I've got one on mine in black and it was a big umming and ahhing decision with me, but sooooo glaad I did now.

Look in my members gallery to see what I mean

got mine for £78 plus postage (making it £85 all in IIRC) I'll be looking for about £70 including postage if i sell it, thats a £15 discount for me having the privalidge of having it sat in the kitchen for 3 months!

I think it made a huge improvement on mine (although still need to sort the sagging in the middle :roll: )... but the badgeless 3 slat grille could have worked just as well. Depends what look your going for, the 3 slat grille is much more subtle, and suited to OEM+ :wink:

I like the grill...but something needs to be done about the sagging tho.

DSC01027.sized.jpg

Mine sags a bit too. :salute:

the sagging is partially an illusion caused by the humped bonnets... you'll notice that on the earlier dipped bonnets the sag isn't as noticable... :|

I really like the reiger grill and have one myself. having said this took it off this weekend for a respray and found i really liked having the original grill back... old skool.

Now i'm in two minds.