Sign in to follow this  
Blair

Stealers & Corrado G60 oil capacity.

Just picked up my G60 from the dealers today, just had its service (a month late :oops: ).

When I used to use BRM they always gave me back a 5 litre can with about a litre left in it after the service.

The last two times my local stealer has charged me for 5 litres...and I've had to actually ASK for the rest.

Now, does it actually only take 4 litres? Or have I just claimed back a litre of Synta I didn't actually pay for?

More to the point, has this happened to anyone else?

I've always found that my G60 will take around about 4.25 litres from a hot oil change (oil is hot before draining it)... That's gone up by about 0.5l since I added the Mocal oil cooler which I have to top up after getting the car upto above 90degrees oil temp...

OK, thanks - so they I wasn't going mad and they were taking the piss. Both times (in fact the first time they had clearly just kept the rest to top up another customer's car - he probably got charged for an extra litre as well - because when I asked for it they just gave me a sealed 1 litre bottle - w*nkers!)

If they keep a litre every time you change the oil, thats 5 litrs for 5 servicings you pay for, when you should only actually be paying for 4!!!

Robbing B*STARDS!!!!

They don't usually use a 5ltr bottle to do an oil change, they just use 4 ltrs out of a drum and charge for 4 ltrs...

What i object to tho is the parts dept recommend Synta Silver but when you get a service they use GTx Magnatec at £5 per litre!! - makes no sense

They don't usually use a 5ltr bottle to do an oil change, they just use 4 ltrs out of a drum and charge for 4 ltrs...

Yep, that's the way it should be...but my local stealers are clearly a bunch of piss-takers!