Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

MOT failure :(

MOT today...

failed on rear calipers seized.. was expecting that! Hmmm MK4 items on their way! :twisted:

and a couple of bulbs.... no great hardship!

Hey guys

im new to the forum so a BIG HELLO to you all!

I do have a problem though. I own a Corrado G60 and it was running fine when i first got it pulled like a train. However after experiencing poor performance especially off the mark, i decided to get the supercharger overhauled, no great inprovement. Then i got it put on a rolling road and with no luck it, as running fine. However i feel the car is still sluggish and like i say not fast off the mark at all. There is a weird noise when i change gear especially at high revs (sounds like a rusty gate squeeking but only last about a second) driving along in traffic the car can start to jerk and sometimes gets quite bad. Is this a sign of the clutch being worn (reverse gear can be hard to select with out grinding the gear and first CAN be hard to select too). If not any ideas what it could be?

By the way is it worth getting an upgraded ECU chip?

Thanks

:robot:

Critical_Mass, welcome to the forum man, enjoy!

It might be worth posting up your queries in the engine bay section as your more likely to get a better answe. I'm no expert on G60s myself, but there are plenty on here, Stevemac, Henny, G-Man and H100VW spring to mind, so I'm sure one of them could point you in the right direction...

Cheers,

Tom

Critical_Mass, welcome to the forum man, enjoy!

It might be worth posting up your queries in the engine bay section as your more likely to get a better answer. I'm no expert on G60s myself, but there are plenty on here, Stevemac, Henny, G-Man and H100VW spring to mind, so I'm sure one of them could point you in the right direction...

Cheers,

Tom

i have posted my problems on the engine bay section but thanks for saying anyway. i have received plenty of responses.

The corrado forums are friendly and helpful.

DUB POWER!!

:2gunfire:

mines just failed its mot,the list is as follows:faulty horn(it only worked when wheel was straight)nearside outer sill corroded to excess,excess play in nearside rear wheel bearing,front brake pads below 1.5mm,steel pipe to offside front flexi corroded to excess,incomplete tread on offside rear tyre,exhaust mounting rubber missing,passenger door handle broken(won't open from outside)sharpe edges on nearside rear wheel arch,what do you think,good or bad ?

All bits of trivia you wold expect on a 14 YO car. All easy sorted. Did they quote you for fixing it?

Get a Passat handle or a repair kit from dave16v. Tighten bearing up. Fit spare wheel. 50p exhaust rubber. Remove steering wheel and bend contact out. Sort teh wheel arch and weld a patch on the sill. Make up a brake pipe and bleed brakes. New pads. £100 tops.

GAvin

the garage quoted me £120 with me sorting the tyre and the arch but i've got a mate to do the welding and i should be able to do the rest myself