Sign in to follow this  
Jay_vr6

fitting upgraded cams to Vr6

Had a quick look through the search and found loads on valvers but nothing on the vr6, is it worth putting a fast road cam (only a 270 degree i think) in to get better torque and then re-mapping the engine ?

does the engine need to be re-mapped or will the ecu sort out the fueling ok ?

Do I just need a cam for this upgrade or will I need a complete kit.

Just throwing some ideas about really, exhaust is done and so is induction.

vr6 uses 2 cams. Ive got a set of schrick 268's in mine and there ace. Just the cams required and some gaskets to fit them, upgraded springs are recommended but its debatable if they are really needed. (Mine are still in a box somewhere.)

A remap will be required as well. Schrick cams arent cheap at about £550 for a set but there are cheaper makes out there that are supposed to be good as well, cat cams and others.

If you fit cams (easy peasy) I'd dump the cat personally. I wish I'd done that when I had mine on because even on the standard engine, my SuperSprint bypass makes heck of a difference. I never thought it would on the VR but I've been very surprised by it.

Agreed on the 268s, they are very good cams but best used with the Schrick manifold imo....

Old Thread!!

but got a few Questions!! thinking of getting upgraded cams for Vr6!! how much of an increase in torque or bhp will i gain!! i know schrick cams are gud but wat other makes are gud for the money and any1 got any fitted!!

thxs guys