Sign in to follow this  
rixy

Getting VR Bits Polished

hi everyone, wanna take some bits off of my vr6 engine to get polished, is it possible to do it yourself? If so, how do i go about it, im talking manifold, rocker cover,and poss a few other little bits!

Also, if i cant be arsed, where is the best place to send these bits off to get them chromed or polished up, and roughly how much dosh are we looking at?

any info at all would be greatly appreciated, as i'd like to get it all done for e38 this year!

got mine done by a chap on club gti website, charged me 100.00 for mirror finish on vr manifold and rocker cover, including return postage. Recieved them back yesterday, they are absolutely mint, look awesome! Is it ok to run plug leads under manifold as someone asked in another thread? Will look better as i still got standard leads?

should be ok,to fit shrick manifolds the plug leads have to go underneath..£100 is a good price to polish the manifold and rocker cover,i did my own and it realy is a horrible job and time consuming to do it right

should be ok,to fit shrick manifolds the plug leads have to go underneath..£100 is a good price to polish the manifold and rocker cover,i did my own and it realy is a horrible job and time consuming to do it right

very good price, maybe i shouldn't mention i'm putting a chromed cam cover and inlet manifold on ebay next week.

bugger, ha ha, how much you looking for, might be able to sell them for you before you do, if i dont want them , i know a man who might?

B.T.W

Got the manifold and cover on on saturday morning, looks well sweet, changed rocker cover bolts to stainless m6's with washers, and changed all my manifold bolts to stainless allen head bolts too. Looks alot better imo. Will post some pics when i get ma pc going again.

bugger, ha ha, how much you looking for, might be able to sell them for you before you do, if i dont want them , i know a man who might?

B.T.W

Got the manifold and cover on on saturday morning, looks well sweet, changed rocker cover bolts to stainless m6's with washers, and changed all my manifold bolts to stainless allen head bolts too. Looks alot better imo. Will post some pics when i get ma pc going again.

Its ok, had a load of offers already. Going to stick it on ebay, curious as to what its worth.