Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Rear Plastic number panel

as above, doing my head in, used double sided pads a while back, hot glue gun lastnight, leave it a for abit & it comes off :mad:

tried to rip it off, clean underneath, but as I tried that lastnight & almost broke it!! Im getting abit facked of with it...

anyone advise me on some good sticky stuff....?? no silly jokes :p

Phnar Phnar!!!!!!

I use Halfords Trim Tape. Its about a cm wide and sticks so well when I tried to remove my number plate from my old bumper I had to slowly cut it away.

yeah ..i got some of that shet to stcik my g60 badge on the back..and its holding out so far.

im sure you could get the same typa stuff from eleswhere for cheaper..but feck it.

The new plate surrounds are supplied with a sticky strip along the bottom.

You then have to puchase about 4 or 5 grommet thingies.

There are pins on the plate surround that go through the tailgate and then you push a grommet thingy over each pin to secure it. Need to take the tailgate trim off but that's easy.

Bottom part where the sticky strip is will possibly still be a little wobbly, so wang some silicon sealant or summat on.

seems the stealers are no longer supplying the numberplate surrounds..are they still supplying the clips ?

wouldnt have thought VW keep em.. going to give that trim tape as Blue Joe surgested a try...

I think the trims only recently stopped being available. Think I bagged one of the last few, although I'm sure there are lots lurking around in stealers all over the country.

The clips should be available though.

Tennents Pads (Brand name) from your local sign place....there the daddy !......hellfords tape can come apart with hot weather.......2p there.

they are held on by pressed steel nuts that cut thier own thread into the plastic pegs on the back of the number plate panel, the plastic pegs usually snap off when you undo them and leave a little stub behind, i found that by turning the pressed steel nuts around and using an allen key on the recessed side that they gripped on to the little stub very well and i used a bit of tigerseal pu adhesive sealant around the peg holes to hold it tighter and seal the holes

cheers for the replies guys... Ive got some tiger seal at home, used it before but not on the rado.. will wack some on 2nite. didnt get a chance lastnight...

lol.. stuck down with some sticky pads & seems to have done the job.. wasnt keen on using tigerseal as I want to be able to take it off oneday!!

i just got a new one from gpc £40 inc vat toying with colour coding it. so you can have my spare which is unbroken when im all sprayed up.

cool.. Ive got a mate whos mentioned giving me a colour coded panel.. yrs will look great painted body colour...