Sign in to follow this  
sciroccotune

how long are lupo wipers??

Ok chaps, searching German ebay i have found a guy that sells aero wipers for standard arms..

And also a few lupo sets.

Two questions:

1. how long are the lupo wipers that are used for the corrado.

2. is there anyway of making a passengers side lupo arm fit (im told they are to long)

cheers

If you want to look try searching 'Aero-Twin Scheibenwischer'

The lupo passenger side arm + blade and drivers arm + blade does fit - I have it on mine (the original setup) and have for 2 years now.

But you have to have the passenger one up a little, else it whacks the side of the windscreen on the way down.

Handy for obscuring your tax disc though, and makes it look like you have a single wiper conv. ;)

The whole point of the conversion is that the Corrado arms are pants... Which it sounds like this ebay item won't really help much!

I find its not the arms so much, more the lack of curvature on the normal blades. I’m thinking that with a aero blade and the amount it curves that they would work well, the may still need a bit of grinding of the supporting arm things though

thanks for the reply :)

sciroccotune, It's the arms m8 - they don't apply enough pressure on the widscreen. It's a known problem with all Corrados.

Expensive mod but one that I (& many others) can fully reccomend. The Lupo GTI wipers are absoloutely first class. They'll even wipe the screen reliably at 120mph (so I've heard) .. :lol:

Mine are now 2yrs (20k) old & still as good as new.

if you're buying 'em from Europe, make sure you're getting RHD arms/blades else they won't fit!!! :lol: :!:

apparently they're cheaper in spain.
That'll be because they won't have much use for RHD wiper blades .. :wink: