Sign in to follow this  
CaiosG60 PWR

Check out this idiot!

Is it me or is this guy an idiot!

We've had a skip at our place because where doing up one of the holiday apartments. This guy turns up today to pick up the full skip, but he's brought an empty one along for the ride.

As you can see he's stacked the empty one on top of the full one! I even went out and told him he could leave the empty one and come back for it if he wanted. He thought it was funny having it stacked up so high. Notice in the picture how the top skip is only fastened down with ONE measly strap! You should have seen it wobble!

Start, stop, clunk, thud, beeeeeeeeeeep, swear, exchange insurance details, call police explain some numpty dropped a skip on your car in traffic, explain calmly again that you're not insane and that it really happened. Wait by car for recovery with skip driver resisting the urge to stove his head in with a wheel brace... :roll:

MUPPET!

Normally they stick the full one in the empty one and then load 'em both on that way... obviously this guy was 4 cans short of a 6 pack...

If he goes under any low bridges he's in trouble... Could cost him (or his insurance) a fortune.

its not as dangerous as you may think..............provided he's not heading off down a M-way or any massive distance...........the strap should be sufficient enough to hold the skip in place............the reason behind him not putting the full skip into the empty skip is due to the full skip then being a bu66er to remove from the empty one due to sides expanding cos of the contents...............ive seen this and done this on many occasions when ive been picking up and delivering skips for my in-laws......some have been quite hairy and ive never been pulled by the law once with them

its not as dangerous as you may think..............provided he's not heading off down a M-way or any massive distance...........the strap should be sufficient enough to hold the skip in place............the reason behind him not putting the full skip into the empty skip is due to the full skip then being a bu66er to remove from the empty one due to sides expanding cos of the contents...............ive seen this and done this on many occasions when ive been picking up and delivering skips for my in-laws......some have been quite hairy and ive never been pulled by the law once with them

It's highly dangerous.

Old bill won't mind actually, his number plate is clearly visable, so speed cameras will still be able to get him, and speding is after all the only road saftey issue there is in this country right?

Old bill won't mind actually, his number plate is clearly visable, so speed cameras will still be able to get him, and speding is after all the only road saftey issue there is in this country right?

10/10!

It's highly dangerous.

i can assure you (as i said before i HAVE experience of loading/transporting skips due to my in-law's having probably one of the biggest privately run waste management aka skip hire companies in N.Scotland) providing he's only going locally then the strap should be able to keep the skip in place(although provided he's got the strap on properly-but bear in mind the skip empty will weigh pretty much just under a ton and the strap is likely to be able to cope with over that)..........it would only be highly dangerous if he was going a massive distance or onto the M-way or likely to go thru a height restriction(but most ppl would take a route avoiding a height restriction if they're "doubled-up")...........