Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

dinkus' silver VR - I think I have a problem

You can disable the internal ultrasound sensors (as I found out this morning :lol: ) and that stops it going off. There is a way to change the sensitivity of the sensors too though, so I'll have a crack at that when I find out how.

Neither one's going in for a respray now - I'm just going to use the new one which has pretty straight bodywork instead.

Heh nah they were all for the old alarms. The guy did say something about double locking it when I bought it, but didn't get what he meant at the time.

There is a way to change the sensitivity of the sensors too

wrap them in sellotape :lol: i did that while being extremely helpful fixing a mates alarm :lol:

Ah I gave up with the idea in the end - it was going to cost £5k for just the parts, so I just bought the new one instead :D

Yeah but you got the old multiple silver vr problem now tho' ain't ya :lol: (if thats really a problem), thought you were going to start swapping bits & bobs over & get rid of the older one....or am i gettin thicker in my old age :D

Yeah brakes, exhaust, wheels, gauges, some of the stereo, some of the interior have been swapped over so far and the old one will get sold as/when I'm done :lol:

Engines are all staying put though, I'm not that crazy

Yeah, it still runs fine and pulls well, if a little clattery when cold :lol:

It's got 140k on it, but the chains have been done. I'm not breaking the old car though, so you'd need to buy the engine with the rest of it...