Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

potentially breaking a g60 - whats it worth?????

i've been offered a g60 which is most likely for breaking but i only really know the vr mechanicals.

the a-pillar is damaged and roof but outside of panels etc, whats the g60 running gear worth and is there much call for the engine, charger and other running gear etc??

are the panels the same as a vr - ie bonnet, flared wings etc???

I haven't seen it yet but am told it has a non std charger on it - is this possible and if so, what could it be???

it also has leather :) :) -

Advice anyone??

Whole G60 engie bays inc changer and Gbox go for £1500 all day long...

Probably just means a ported charger unless it's a lysolm...

Yeah.. I know that gradeAfailure has been after a G60 engine setup for sometime.. and if it has a non-standard charger, its possible it has the bahn brenner / lysholm charger setup but to be honest i'm just thinking that by non-standard the person selling it means its been rebuilt by someone as the lysholm is worth £1,500 by itself.

Dare I ask how much of a bargain you're getting this for? Shame its damaged.. would love a shot at a cheap Rado as I suspect you're getting this for an absolutely ridiculous price! :)

Jim, every time i post something, you want it !!!!!!! the trouble is, i need o sell the VR as well - too many cars around and the wife'll go potty - if it doesn't go i might have to pass up this g60

good information though - is the lysholm charger easily recognisable cos i don't really know the g60 very well

Shame its damaged.. would love a shot at a cheap Rado as I suspect you're getting this for an absolutely ridiculous price! :)

how about a wholesale swapshop - vr6 and g60 for y'golf??!! :wink: :oops:

lol...

Yeah, the Lysholm looks totally different to the G60 unit. Pics attached of each...

With regards to swap shop.. I was thinking about the VR6 -> TDI part ex, but the TDI has got a few grand of value on top of the Corrado and I don't know what your thoughts on that would be. That and, to be honest, the black paintwork has seen better days and will probably be an easier sell to someone who is NOT an enthusiast and who probably won't spot the damage caused by machine car washes, etc.

the amount of things i have for sale!!!!!! Do you fancy an '04 te450 husqvarna to make the weight up to your tdi :)

If I knew what one was then I might be able to make a decision.. lol ;)

H8RRA, if you have to pass on this G60 then please please do PM me as it may well be what I'm looking for, now that I've acquired a G60 aircon setup...

Cheers matey!

grade-A - i'll keep you in touch - if i get the g60 would you be interested in somes bits?--engine/loom etc/???

Jim - a te450

ok, to get back to the main topic... Prices below are typical for what they go for, not what I think they're worth... ;)

Engine + box + shifter + engine loom + Ecu = £1500 all day long on ebay

Leather interior = £450 to £700 if in good nick, or £1000 if it's a recaro interior.

Body panels = £50 to £100 depending on demand and style

Front brakes = £80 to £150 dependant on how good the disks are

Rear callipers = £30 to £50 per pair if they're in good nick, more if they're MKIII or MKIV versions.

Then you've got all the other odds and sods, like black plastic interior trim which it may or may not have...

If you can't get more than £2000 for the big bits, you've done something seriously wrong! ;)

Age wise, the front Wings/bonnet/bumpers could be early or late on a G60 depending on the age of the car... have a look at the bonnet and bumpers which will normally give away if it's early or late (early bonnet ---___--- rather than __---__ in profile, early bumpers have a trim line which curves up over the top at the wheel arches where late ones it just fades out in a straight line). Recessed fogs and indicators are also a reasonable sign of an early car, but this can be changed easily enough so isn't gospel...

Hope this helps... 8)

grade-A - i'll keep you in touch - if i get the g60 would you be interested in somes bits?--engine/loom etc/???

Only way I can afford the G60 swap is by doing what you're planning to - buy a knackered car and break it to make as much of the money back as poss - I just can't afford the bits otherwise... :(

Cheers for the offer though!

BUGGER - ITS GONE!!!!!! Thought it had my name on it - some sod got it for £800 !!!!!