Sign in to follow this  
chimo

differences in wiring between late and new widow switches

Dispite what people say, swapping door cards and getting your window switches to work is NOT A PLUG AND PLAY situation.

about a month ago I searched and found the thread that I wanted, a thread that said which color wire goes to what post. I simply cannopt find that thread. After searching on and off for about 3.5 hours I'm ready to tear my hair out (and it's receeding anyway :( )

Can anyone shed light onto this?

No it's not plug and play - there is a list in the knowledge base but there is not enough information there to really help, I'm planning to do the conversion using the later loom....

If you can bear with me, I can dig out the wiring list I made up when I converted JMC's doors from early to late switches... I'll hunt tonight, and will PM you if I find anything. Steve, would this want to go on the knowledge base if I find it? Jonathan's switches all worked first time when I did them...

Converting early Corrado electric window switches to late-spec

Driver’s Door

Early wire colour---->goes to---->Late wire colour

Green---->White (Pin 5)

Grey/Black---->Grey (Pin 3)

Grey/Red---->Grey/Red (Pin 4)

Black/Blue---->Grey/Blue (Pin 6)

Brown/White---->Brown (Pin 1)

Green/Yellow---->Green/Yellow (Pin 2)

Passenger’s Door

Early wire colour---->goes to---->Late wire colour

Green/Yellow---->Blue/Yellow (Pin 5)

Grey/Black---->Grey (Pin 3)

Grey/Red---->Grey/Red (Pin 4)

Black/Blue---->Grey/Blue (Pin 6)

Brown/White---->Brown (Pin 1)

IIRC, that's how I did JMC's - if any of the wiring colours are different to what you have, please let me know and I'll correct it...! I used Passat connectors for his, but I'm guessing the late-spec 'rado ones will use the same wire colours.

NOTE: All of the interconnecting wires between the two switches in the driver's door are discarded - you only need the six incoming wires.

Having recently installed a late style interior to my G60 I can definately concur - it wasn't just plug and play. GradeAFailure was a great help in going my electric window switches (and yes they did work first time :) ). You also need to source some late style interior door handles as the early ones are the wrong shape for the cut out in the late door cards. These are a direct replacement and are easy to swap. And then there is the electric mirror control that needs changing (waiting for the right socket so I can do mine at the moment). Then that should be it - good luck!!