Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

whats the vw 2.3 V5 engine like?

Wow.. very nice!

Got a bit of a soft spot for Golf VR6 Highlines I gotta say! :)

Yeah that's the baby..... a great buy for £4K, or thereabouts.

Stick some konis and H&Rs, set the camber to -1.2 degrees and it'll drive just like the C....

Mr Haywire saying to buy a Mk3 Golf. Whatever next! Highline is good. My mate has a Mk4 V5 and its a strange beasty. Sounds good but runs out of puff to early.

I have the Bilstein non adj kit on mine with slight neg camber and it handles great. Much better than my old standard one.

It's because 'late comers' to a thread don't read it from the start and miss out all the pertinent info :wink:

Exactly!! Don't have time to read the whole thread while I'm at work.. Unfortunately some of us have to work for a living and can’t spend hours on forums posting all day long, day in day out... :oops:

Jedi, have you considered a S14A 200SX Touring? IMHO the best value coupe out there. Bloody quick, reliable, rear wheel drive, look good (very mean from the front), lots of kit in the touring, fantastic tuning potential for not much dosh.

I'm a fan of the Fiat Coupe turbo but when you get to that sort of age I have to agree with Andy, simply because I'd trust Japanese engineering a tad more than Italian ;)

This is coming from the man who had his heart set on a Coupe 20V Turbo 2 years ago until he pissed all his savings up the wall...!

He needs the money to help fund his marriage/house buying/emigration kind of stuff I presume....

spot on. marriage isnt too expensive... its the house (either buying or renting not sure which yet) and the emigration stuff and the fact she cant work till were married....and paying off all the flight costs from seeing her for the past few years!!! plus i never planned on keeping the s3 long anyway... dont want to loose too much in depreciation.

Jedi, have you considered a S14A 200SX Touring?

I hadn't ...... untill now... that looks so mean! has it had a custom front end or is that how they all look for that model!

That's how all S14A's look from the factory 8)

Know how you feel with the house- we've just bought one and it's pretty crippling!