Sign in to follow this  
logicaltuning

Whats important to you in a car

After having a very big argument with someone on my own forum which resulted in a banning im asking decent folk what is important to them when buying or modifying a car.

0-60?

1/4 mile times?

Handling?

top end speed?

to me - 0-60 means naff all. i much prefer a car to be able to take corners quickly, ride the road perfectly and leave the engine pretty much standard. bar a few little toys

so what do you look for?

this isnt going to be an argument - just interested in peoples opinions

I like effortless ovetaking and noise. I love 5 plus cylinders for the lovely howl, and my worst motor would be something vtec you have to screem just to pull away. Nice bit of torque and a howl. Then handling WITH ride quality, then looks.

Just my opinion as you say, I can apreciate peoples love for screaming race engines, just not my bag. each to there own though

handling has to be first as the rest is useless or dangerous without it

top end speed - how often can you do that ?

second would be the 0-60 for me or should i say a good torque increase really

It's got to be cheap-ish to run and have a bit of style. Performance in a car means little to me - I bought the bike to go fast. As much as the idea of a 600bhp Supra appeals, I'd rather have a cheap car, a fast bike and some money in the bank. Now all I need to complete this plan is the money in the bank.

Hahah, I drive an old man's car, so five seats and leather!

Actually, I like something a bit different from the norm, which is why the Passat caught my eye on Farnham GSF's noticeboard... 0-60/quarter mile/handling/top speed?! With a 2.0 8V?! Not bl00dy likely mate... ;)

handling, looks, noise, acceleration from 50-100, stereo, cupholders, beer, burgers. doh sorry was supposed to be decent folk!