Sign in to follow this  
saysomestuff

The epic luck of saysomestuff

I was beginning to think that I had this 'rado ownership down to a T, was even starting to get some jobs done that weren't desperate, moving into the magical "preventative maintenance" :roll: stage.

hmm, well my great luck with cars strikes again, it just always seems to be rubbish little things that make life so difficult (i work out in the sticks and the C is my daily driver).

Sorry for the essay but I gotta get it off my chest.

So anyways I worked a bit later than usual yesterday so when I went out to the car park there was hardly any cars left. Did my usual "hold the crappy blipper button in" from about 20yds expecting the whirrrr-click,

10yds;

no click.

pointing blipper in through windscreen/boot/every conceivable angle;

no click :mad:

Panic a little (RAC ran out last week) try wiring an AA battery into blipper with some sellotape and paper clips :oops: no luck.

realise I left my access card on my desk whilst getting battery out of my mouse :mad:

Walk 400yds to security hut, borrow gate mans card and walk back to office. Borrow Yaris from girl in Call centre and drive to Comet for new battery. change battery, NO FARKING CLICK!!! - immob still on.

(call corradowales in desperation - no answer)

Call mate, get lift home fuming and get lift back in to work this morning from kindly chap in I.T.

Today, guys from maintenance clean up blipper circuit and test - all fine(they'd gone home last night) i unlocked the car with the key open door setting alarm off (Cobra NU1 - sounds like an air raid siren) to pop bonnet and get instructions out.

Upon opening the bonnet, yep you guessed it - you need a key to disarm the alarm/immobiliser - did I get one when I bought the car? NO!!!

Kindly maintenance guy takes siren part to pieces and disarms, reconnects and presto - a costly Cat1 alarm is now just more dead weight on my car :cry: Well there's another £300 and a very sore blipper finger on my C ownership tab.

On a good note, my CCGB membership came through today :D I think I deserved a bit of cheering up!!!!!!!!!!

Alarm problems suck!! Nothing like having the stress of car not working, not sure whats wrong (but in back of mind knowing it going to cost like everything else with corrado ownership), and having the alarm making sure everybody knows it!! Then you get some clever person shouting 'Oh mate, I think your alarm is going off!!'

Sorry to hear about the problem mate, hope it gets fixed soon!!

Well there's another £300 and a very sore blipper finger on my C ownership tab

£230 for an autowatch...i gave you the number dude...and dont hesitate to ring me if you get stuck again...im more than willing to umm and ahhh and scratch my head for ages with you..just have to remember not to leave my phone in the car all the time :oops: ..(( sorry dude ))

tis true...that panda will never die!..(( i think theyre protected by the World Wiildlife Fund anyway ))

and as for the storm you nosy barstuds...its not for moi but for someone moi knows that isnt internet friendly. :wink: