Sign in to follow this  
V3DUB

What sort of mods required to get a VR6 upto 220/230 bhp

What sort of modifications would be required to get a VR6 upto 220/230 bhp. I currently own a G60 but am thinking of moving on to a VR6.

Then a rolling road session or you could have jumped in on the Charger group buy and for the same money get 290bhp!

and loads of torque.

VR6 has 2 kits, buy one off him!

Chris

the bbr chip i have quotes 212 on their website - i now have no cat and straight thru stainless exhaust with performance filter - should be close to 220 if the chip alone does 212 - maybe

Now that the chargers on, the bbr chip is up for grabs :)

I bloody hope I don't have two kits Chris :lol:

Graeme - Chris meant two superchargers, not the Schrick...

Harra - 22bhp increase from a bespoke chip? Interesting theory :lol:

Hasn't Asim's given a varying degree of outputs though? As you would expect as much from different RR's as well..

Who cares as long as it drives well and unleashes a few more horses!

Paul ha the BBS chip for sale however ot's only for the CP ECU with immobilizer so kinda restricts the market!

There's BBR 10chips for sale i'm sure! :wink:

Chris

Harra - 22bhp increase from a bespoke chip? Interesting theory :lol:

Take it up with BBR tom

Who cares as long as it drives well and unleashes a few more horses!

Just curious as that's a good figure....and much better than AmD's chip by the sounds of it!

Hasn't Asim's given a varying degree of outputs though? As you would expect as much from different RR's as well..

212bhp at Stealth, 210bhp at AmD so pretty consistent I'd say?

ECU standard too - it's been checked.

Vince told me it pulled 217 bhp once, when it wasn't fully warmed up .. but he may have been mistaken.

Anyway - the quickest way to 220 bhp on a VR6 is a significantly lightened wallet.

How much are you wanting for the chip H8RRA, I could be interested if it is for a CP ecu as chris says, then I could have a 220-230bhp vr kit going on the market shortly.

Vince told me it pulled 217 bhp once, when it wasn't fully warmed up .. but he may have been mistake.

Not mistaken Matt, it did make 217bhp on a run recently but I found it so unbelievable that I chose to ignore it!

I'm happy with circa 210bhp as a realistic figure for a bog standard VR :D

Chip and Cams will probably get you 15-20 peak hp to the wheels...depending on the state of your engine.

The engine will start to pull hard above 5500 all the way to 7200. You'll start feeling it above 3k. I recommend replacing the lifters and valve springs while your at it.

Remember the numbers I stated are at the wheels, and you numbers will vary.

Chip and Cams will probably get you 15-20 peak hp to the wheels...depending on the state of your engine.

The engine will start to pull hard above 5500 all the way to 7200. You'll start feeling it above 3k. I recommend replacing the lifters and valve springs while your at it.

Remember the numbers I stated are at the wheels, and you numbers will vary.

What cams is that with? 280's or higher? With 268's the torque curve should be almost flat from 4000 up.

I know its at the crank...that means that I have to dyno at 250 at the wheels to get 290 at the crank...which I'm not getting. My motor is healthy...stock it made 160 to the wheels. Nick himself said I have a strong motor.

My friends' stage one only did 190 to the wheels and another did a dissapointing 179 to the wheels.