Sign in to follow this  
StormVR6

Stealth Racing..Customer Service second to none!

After my huge payout to have a lot of work carried out on my C and then having the unfortunate problem of a slight oversight, I contacted Vince along with a letter and he has apologised for the cock-up, taken on all responsibilities and asked me to return the car for a full check/rectification.

Now I know a lot of you will be saying "well he should sort it out, it was his fault", and yes I agree but there are many companies who would would deny responsibility altogether or begrudgingly take it back for a look and then not give it full attention. In the past I have had other "top" companies fob me off with bollox disdainful prattle hoping I would just shut up and p*ss off!

Mistakes can happen and unfortunately do happen, and yes it is annoying when you have spent wads of cash on your pride and joy only to find a problem with the workmanship, but a perfect 100% turnout although desirable can never happen as we are all only human.

This is why customer service is so important and I regard Stealth's to be the best in the business. Although oversights must be reported and not just forgotten, how can a company act on a problem if it doesn't know about it?

Stealth has over the years gained an unprecedented reputation for quality of service and will continue that reputation if people allow them to know where they've gone wrong.

No I haven't been paid for this post! I just think that good customer service is paramount in any business, as this allows us the customer to have faith knowing that no matter what your car is in good hands.

Nice post :)

Good to see a bit of positivity to contrast the never ending stream of criticism, complaint and problems!

(Physically moving as well ;))

can't agree with you more, customer service is far more important than a lot of big companies realise, and after i took my car to stealth i was more than happy with the service and will definately go back

Well done that man for reminding us - many of us are aware of Vince's reputation for getting things right in the first place but excellence comes in the detail... and wanting to look after the customer rather than simply relieve him of his money is something I think Stealth are very adept at. I agree with the previous posts too - it's great to hear positive feedback to what would in many other cases have been a very negative situation.

As you say, everyone makes mistakes, its how they sort things afterwords thats important. Cars are fickle creatures at the best of times.

Top post, im looking forward to taking mine there even more now.

I had a small issue after having my G60 worked on there and Vince was very eager to get the car back on more that one occasion to get the car sorted at no additional cost to myself despite it involving around 2 hours of workshop time.

They clearly care greatly for their reputation there and its easy to see why.. and its that reason why I will always use them for work on any VAG cars I own, and will reccomend them to my friends!

I won't go into the unfortunate oversight which had occurred apart from saying that it led to minor damage to the gearbox casing, this needed a temporary "patch" to get to Stealth upon which Vince has agreed to remove, strip down and rebuild the gearbox, and check for any further possible problems.

Again, of course this should have never happened in the first place but this level of customer service is outstanding, and does everything to restore my faith and trust in Stealth thus allowing me to return to them in the future.

I will always forgive the odd mistake here and there as long as the party in question accepts responsibilty and corrects the fault with no fuss. You have to allow people the chance of redemption before you go in all guns blazing, which I have been guilty of many times in the past.

If you ever do have any grievances with Stealth's workmanship, please discuss it with Vince and he'll be only too pleased to help and he does take things on board. If he doesn't know about problems, he can't do anything to sort them, so it's better to air concerns to him in the first instance and the course of action can be discussed from there on.

What I do want to avoid is people having a moan on the forum without having first spoken to Stealth.

As you all know I've been a loyal customer for years and I see Vince as a friend aswell as my chief mechanic, so it's quite saddening to see mistakes happen, but this is the real world and things do sometimes go wrong and as Mark says, he is very quick to take the responsibility and is always genuinely apologetic.

Stealth's service doesn't end after you've paid the bill.

Cheers

That would be the odd noise you were talking about then ...?

Yes Dr it was, and I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions about possible non OEM parts being the problem, the actual problem didn't even enter my mind as a possibility, which is why I should have given Vince the chance to check it over before I went shouting my mouth off!

Anyway I think we have reiterated which actions should be taken and Kev's post above concludes the matter perfectly.