Sign in to follow this  
jonocos

Race Corrado

It is heavily modded from the standard phpBB, but it's all icorporated into the Orion releases...

kebabman, still not fair for 56k'ers - which some of the regulars are. Also its not good to remote-link pictures unless the server is designed for it or its your own webspace. Admins can get a bit narked about it.

This forum is heavily modified from phpBB, but it is a standard release from Orion - so I can apply the patches in seconds rather than HOURS.

It never is as simple as the changelogs suggest. I know this first hand. Hence why going down this route.

I also get better support sticking with a standard - albeit not phpBB's - form of the site.

We have no problems with bandwidth and server speed now, so there should be no reason not to use the attachment option!

:offtopic1: My apologies.

Sorry for the mistake with the pics, didn't realise i should attach them.

Just left the garage tonite with last minute changes to the car before it goes down south for mapping and dyno.

It now has another side exit exhaust on the other side to keep the noise levels down for racing.

The brakes are TVR based as the guy who used to part own this car has a Tuscan himself and is friendly with the dealer hence the availability of parts.

A local engineering firm made up the bells and mounting brackets for the discs and calipers and also supplied the windows and custom exhausts.

There is also the old engine now sitting in the corner,a fully rebuilt blueprinted 2.0 16v KR engine running twin 45 carbs with all the trick bits,this was the original engine in the Rado and is now no longer needed. Dyno sheet for 199BHP and comes with AP racing clutch.Interested then PM me.

kebabman, still not fair for 56k'ers - which some of the regulars are. Also its not good to remote-link pictures unless the server is designed for it or its your own webspace. Admins can get a bit narked about it.

This forum is heavily modified from phpBB, but it is a standard release from Orion - so I can apply the patches in seconds rather than HOURS.

It never is as simple as the changelogs suggest. I know this first hand. Hence why going down this route.

I also get better support sticking with a standard - albeit not phpBB's - form of the site.

We have no problems with bandwidth and server speed now, so there should be no reason not to use the attachment option!

:offtopic1: My apologies.

OK fair enough was just a suggestion. I program for a living so I find the updates only take me a few mins on my board, but I understand not everyone wants to apply updates manually. Sorry for the off-topic. :oops:

jonocos, those are some awesome looking cars. 8)

Update on the car so far, it is back from TSR and everything went fine apart from a slight boost leak that couldn't be traced in the time they had to work on the car.

Car now needs to be run in and power is set at 265bhp at the wheels for initial running and fault finding.

Car was out on private road for a blast and owner reports "its fast".Understatement i think!!!

Car will be at Dreadnought TVR's next tracknight at Knockhill on Thursday 11th August.Usually 6pm - 8pm.

This is an open track night and the track is booked for 2 hours with no time limit on track time.Its a friendly event and is open to anyone to spectate and track time is available by contacting Dreadnoughts.

http://www.dreadnought-tvr.co.uk/index.php Check out their Rover race car on the site,it should be there.

liking the race prep 'c' there mate!!

what size are those bbs you got on the blue one?