Sign in to follow this  
DEL VR6

The beast is BACK!

Hey everyone.... I just wanted to share the amazing experience and tell you all that my VR6 is well and truly back on the road after an 8-10 week break. (And boy have i got a HUGE smile on my face... even took the longest route possible to get to work this morning) :)

Originally i took it off the road because my Karmann Ghia was ready for the "summer". Then i discovered that it was overheating... remember this thread:

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... er=#267075

well, the good news is that yesterday it got sorted. After all the wondering and guessing, I had the thermostat replaced at a cost of £10.42 plus a ripoff £45 labour and with antifreeze and VAT it came to £78.39.

Anyway.... its great to be back behind of the wheel of a car that gives you that feeling of "fitting like a glove" and to have all that power and noise under your right foot too!

Its actually quite overwhelming getting used to all that power again! You really do have to restrain yourself at all times. Its great to be back! :D

Nice one Del remeber chatting to you at stoner park & how gutted you was it being of the road...

Now fill it up & give it a well deserved long run!! :thumbleft:

Good to hear that, I know how gutted I would be if I couldnt drive my Corrado, even for a few days, let alone 10 weeks, I'm be a miserable wreck, lol.

a week??!!! blimey you guys are lucky, mine has been off the road for about 3 months now (with an occasional test drive to see if faults have been sorted), but then again i only get part of a weekend to have a play. Believe me THAT is depressing. Its nothing major, just that I'm not able to get enough time to sort it. Fantastic when it goes for a test drive. DEL VR6, enjoy your car mate, the VR is really superb.

yep. it is a nice feeling alright, especially when she's been off the road for a stint. Just changed the gasket on mine as it was running rough, £35 all in! I saw one today when I was driving a passat TDI and thought, "that looks lovely", oh yea, i've got one... :-)

mine was of the road for only three days and i felt like i was going cold turkey.my mate brought it back from doing abit of welding for me,saw it coming round the corner and couldn't stop myself from grining she's now home and safe