Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Rear Wiper to go

Tried the search with no joy. Is there a how to on removing the rear wiper? Assume you just gromit the hole after? Interested in what

needs to come out of the tail gate and how?

Cheers

Nick

did this on my valver, you'll need a 'box of assorted grommets' from halfords since theres one in there thats the perfect size. open the boot, take off the plastic inner tail gate cover and you should see how the wiper mech and motor are attached, from memory its just a few bolts (possibly screws) to undo. Obviously before you do that take the arm off and all the gubbins so that you're left with a 'spike' that'll go back through the hole in the boot. Its a bit of a fiddle to get the motor/mech out, took me a good 10mins of turning it around in the limited space before i found the magic angle it finally came out at. dont forget to block up the rear washer pipe in case you accidentally knock the stalk - dont want a wet boot! do this at either the boot end or the engine end (i found boot end easier, stick a screw in the end!) pop your grommet in and sylicone it inside to prevent leaks...jobs a good un!

visibility wasnt too bad without the rear wiper, just slap some rain-x on and if theres alot of standing water wipe it off with your hand before you get in the car! when you're driving its fine since the water tends to run off anyway! :lol:

Cheers ChrisH, thats tonights job then!

Golfs ive had have been well bad for dirt and really need the rear wiper but the raddo never gets anything. I assume due to the glass angle and the spoiler must stop the rubbish!

Dont like many body modds but this apeals to me.

2cc, will call you later mate, have a shock solution that will save you a the trip cheers! Be nice to catch up again anyway soon, missing you 2 nutters already!

one thing i should add, be 'very' careful of the paint around the hole (oh er!) as its far too easy to chip with the spike thingy the wiper arm attaches to as you pull it back through, and most of that area will be exposed with the grommet in place.

Quite like the idea of this too, might have to raid my ex-wroks stock in the fitting bay for some gromets!! 8)

most def bally, should have done it as soon as i saw yours, not messed about for about a month like i did, :D