Sign in to follow this  
Aled

Glass sunroofs

You mean the little wedge shape things that make sure the handle bolts on at the right angle? Or the trims that cover the screws?

the "little wedgies" i'm sure are in passats etc so i spose oyu can just cut holes in your trim and fit a matching set of handles from a passat -GAWD - i've started a craze!!!!! :roll:

or vento's or toledo's - i've fitted 'em all - some are more curved than others but nothing that looks untoward - in fact the one i have currently looks fine - so fine, i' going to take some pics now......:)

mk3 golf one is way too curved, I've tried one of them before, so surprised the vento one is OK???

David.

All that hassle trying to fit that MK3 one on myn!!!

H8RRA, i take it that roof will still tilt and slide mate ?

its not just there for the scenic outlook, GIX :) - yes, its fully functioning and if anything, better, cos the mechanism if beefed up in these roofs on the sliders that normally snap on the corrado

H8RRA, i take it that roof will still tilt and slide mate ?

its not just there for the scenic outlook, GIX :) - yes, its fully functioning and if anything, better, cos the mechanism if beefed up in these roofs on the sliders that normally snap on the corrado

aye but it could have just tilted :roll:

superb upgrade

Will the 94 - 96 Passat sunroofs fit all C's (Early and late) Ive found a 94 estate Passat that Mr Haywire has recomended eariler in this thread but im not sure if it will fit my car.

Ive just tried to fit one from a 95 passat estate into mine and the bolt holes wouldnt line up 100% at the front of the roof they were a good 3mm out

The bolt holes seemed to be sitting to far back even though the locating pegs were fine

I tried for about an hour to get them aligned but wasnt happy so fitted my original rebuilt mechanism

I wondered if this was because the frame was misdrilled or more of a lack of tolerance at karmann

Has anyone else had this problem when fitting a passat roof

Cheers Marc

Cheers for the reply i did think about doing that or enlarging the holes but felt that it could lead to the glass sunroof causing more prblems than its worth.

Im fairly happy that my rebuit mechanism works it just would have been nice to have the glass roof.

I suppose i could take it all out again and fit the glass panel to my mechanim as its not as bad a job as people would have you belive.

it would looka mess without the pull-over cover - don't go enlarging hole!!!! just chop the pegs and fit the cartridge without the glass. Once everythings bolted up, fit the glass - no probs and fits snug

Sorry i probabaly didnt explain that quite right as i know it wouldnt look right with out the cover what i meant was use my mechanism but use the glass and cover etc fom the passat one ie headlining down again etc

Anyone else tried this mod??

My sunroof is fecked an won't slide so i'm considering doing the glass conversion to mine. Anyone got a spare??

i've got 3 but your not close GIX - got 3 std ones as well

with regard to the grab handle, i would suspect you could cut a std trim as the lil wedges will cover the cutout - i may be wrong tho cos i actually had a LHD trim

For the handles, i'm sure i fitted a corrado nearside one and they're therefore ambidextrous - the mounting holes are certainly in the roof but you might need the spring clips.

Ive had a nightmare trying to locate one with correct part number, cheers to dom & henny for help at E38.. didnt buy one from that breaker in the end due to him having MK3 roofs!

Im on the hunt for one too..

Ive had a nightmare trying to locate one with correct part number, cheers to dom & henny for help at E38.. didnt buy one from that breaker in the end due to him having MK3 roofs!

Im on the hunt for one too..

Breakers in Northampton had a complete passat roof in great nick, so what do they do?... pick the car up by putting a fork lift through the front windscreen and bend the roof like this ^ in the process :roll: ... :x

Last time they had one in they only wanted 25 quid for the whole thing too :cry:

David.

I know bigpants baby is breaking a B4 Passat saloon cos I was going to have the headlining and sunroof off him - it'll probably be a moonroof too, so worth sending him a PM...

Oh, and I must remember to let him know that I don't need the lining/sunroof...!