Sign in to follow this  
Aled

Glass sunroofs

Will a glass sunroof from a Passet fit into a corrado with out any special gigary pockary?

Will a glass sunroof from a Passet fit into a corrado with out any special gigary pockary?

'gigary pockary' :?

the passat roof 94-96 ish will go in, a little too curved but OK, you need the whole unit though as the lining has a blind built in, can't just replace the panel I'm afraid or it will look bodged from inside, so it's a full headlining out job.

David.

or vento's or toledo's - i've fitted 'em all - some are more curved than others but nothing that looks untoward - in fact the one i have currently looks fine - so fine, i' going to take some pics now......:)

pics - (tube of smarties for the first person to notice the other mod :) - quiet, Chris :wink: )

or vento's or toledo's - i've fitted 'em all - some are more curved than others but nothing that looks untoward - in fact the one i have currently looks fine - so fine, i' going to take some pics now......:)

mk3 golf one is way too curved, I've tried one of them before, so surprised the vento one is OK???

David.

Indeed it is, and the subframe is different too..... although you can get round that by lopping off the locating dowels and fitting the corrado wind deflector.

The flattest of the moon rooves I've seen lives on the 94 Passat estate. For some reason it had a flatter roof than the saloon...

Grab handle???

Remind me to buy you some smarties when we meet next :) The blue vr6 i've just sold for some reason came with what i can only presume was a LHD trim so I pinched it for mine and fitted a corrado handle for the drivers side - i like it!!!!! :) Helps lift you up so not to damage your bolsters when getting out. :roll:

IIRC, the one i have fitted is from the passat estate.

I was just thinking the same thing... :lol:

I'm gonna destroy my Recaros if I keep getting out of the car leaning on them like I do at the mo.

My Canadian friends to the rescue... :lol:

You mean the little wedge shape things that make sure the handle bolts on at the right angle? Or the trims that cover the screws?

otherwise known as FM handles, cos in a crash you grab hold of them and shout "f'#k me!"

I thought they where actuallt called "Christ handles"........."CHRIST"!

Grab handle???

Remind me to buy you some smarties when we meet next :)

Looking forward to the smarties!!!!!

otherwise known as FM handles, cos in a crash you grab hold of them and shout "f'#k me!"

I thought they where actuallt called "Christ handles"........."CHRIST"!

jesus handles i`ve always called `em... so on the same lines!!!