Sign in to follow this  
dig776

Clutch going???

Hi,

Anyone know how to check if a clutch is going?? Bought my rado a year ago and thought it was going then, as it judders slightly when I change gear but saying that it is still going and not much change??!!

Reason I ask is cos taking it on 1800 mile round trip to France and will get stung if it goes abroad. :shock:

Any idea on price too? its a 1990 valver

Any help appreciated

Ta Syupercharged

Excuse my complete lack of knowledge, but when you say mounts do you mean engine mounts or are there gearbox mounts?

3 in all - front engine, rear engine and gearbox mounts...

Excessive engine movement can make gear changes awkward on these cable change boxes...

Ta. That might explain the occasional knocking noise I get from the backbox.

Just passed MOT and no mention of mounts going but will get garage to check as it will presumably be cheaper than clutch.

The thing is its done 130k without clutch/gearbox/mount work done so it is probably due for some money to be spent. I would normally wait until things went but would be too expensive in France.

The thing is its done 130k without clutch/gearbox/mount work done so it is probably due for some money to be spent. I would normally wait until things went but would be too expensive in France

just get brakedown cover mate....it gets rid of paranoia of being stuck in france.

I drove to spain and back in my raddo...ended up getting towed home to Cardiff from Reims...about 600 miles in all.....it cost me about £60 extra on my brakedown premium to upgrade to european cover....and saved me about £160 in just fuel and tolls...let alone the recovery fee .....gotta be done mate..

p.s.....great thing to do in your 'c' tho...the typa thing they were made for!.

corradowales,

Reckon will go for euro breakdown cover but I would also like to get things sorted to avoid using it, where did you get yours from?

I seem to remember reading a post a while ago about a rado towed back after it was hit or taken in Spain was that yours?

Despite panicking about sorting it I can't wait to get driving! (2nd Sep)

I seem to remember reading a post a while ago about a rado towed back after it was hit or taken in Spain was that yours? [/quot

of course...who else...lol.. :cuckoo: :brickwall:

ask your insurance about breakdown cover ..they usually get you a better deal..

my insurance used Greenflag and they were absoloutly EXELLENT..was picked up in a little village in france within 10 mins of phoneing..got on the same ferry i was booked to go on..and there was another breakdown truck waiting by the side of the ferry when i got of in Dover. :cheers:

just speak as i find mate...im well impressed....i had to use them 3 times while i was with them (( im now with a different insurer and am yet to find out which breakdown service they are with )) and each time they were spot on. :thumb right:

shirly parts of this thread could do with being glued to the thread in Genrall chat...(( or suppliers :wink: )) :D