A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

I hear what you're saying.... I just haven't seen a wheel I really like yet that is smaller than stock, chunky and OE-ish looking..... Your 350mm momo is more my thing but looks a little bus wheel like proportionally. Do they do it in a smaller size?

I hear what you're saying.... I just haven't seen a wheel I really like yet that is smaller than stock, chunky and OE-ish looking..... Your 350mm momo is more my thing but looks a little bus wheel like proportionally. Do they do it in a smaller size?

Think the Momo Runner is smaller than the std wheel but not by much. It's a very good wheel, ideal for fast sweepers. The 320mm wheels are better for twistier stuff but a little too adjustable for long sweepers. Think Bill wants my Runner but if he doesn't you can certainly try it and buy it if you like it.

I wouldn't change my three spoke leather original one for anything. perfect size, perfect finish, perfect fit and that nice OEM look I'm looking for in my car. I had some aftermarket dino wheel on my car for a while, but I think it feels so cramped and tiny, and it looks totally out of proportion with the rest of the interior.

I wouldn't change my three spoke leather original one for anything. perfect size, perfect finish, perfect fit and that nice OEM look I'm looking for in my car. I had some aftermarket dino wheel on my car for a while, but I think it feels so cramped and tiny, and it looks totally out of proportion with the rest of the interior.

For a factory wheel it is very good no question. But its no Momo..

are you going to ultimate dubs lee ? is the car gonna be on show ? ,be nice to see it again ,never fails to impress .

are you going to ultimate dubs lee ? is the car gonna be on show ? ,be nice to see it again ,never fails to impress .

Thinking about going, probably in an L200 pick up though. Not sure when i'll be showing my car again to be honest. I've been doing tons of work prepping parts but the car itself hasn't changed since Edition 38, I don't believe in showing my car unless its the best i can do. With the current work in progress doesn't seem right to show it. May roll it out for VWF Leeds or E38 as a one off for this year.

Lee, did you chrome or polish your VF-Engineering mounts? I wanna chrome my set but I'm weary of the polyurethane withstanding the heat of the chrome tank. Do you have any pic's?

Lee, did you chrome or polish your VF-Engineering mounts? I wanna chrome my set but I'm weary of the polyurethane withstanding the heat of the chrome tank. Do you have any pic's?

I polished them. Doesn't look too hard to strip them down for chroming, problem with mine was they've been threadlocked with something unbelievably strong and i couldn't get the button heads out without damaging the mounts.

More chroming coming back next week, not a great deal more to do now. The refurb of the driveshafts has cost much more that expected. £175 for new inner and outer CV joints, £68 for new VAG boots and £45 for chrome.

Mate Rick has also finished seam welding the engine subframe and strengthening it in everyway possible. Down to me to grind and smooth all the welds then polished the whole thing. Sorry for the lack of pick on this update, my brother has borrowed by camera for his holiday. Post them up early next week.

Dreading the next job, stripping polishing the rear beam. Thinking it could be one of those job you wish you never started.

your dedication to the car is unbeleivable lee ,was there any thing that influenced you building it ,it doesn't matter if it hasn't changed i bet most would still love to see it !!

your dedication to the car is unbeleivable lee ,was there any thing that influenced you building it ,it doesn't matter if it hasn't changed i bet most would still love to see it !!

probably this car, wanted RH ZW1 ever since. The next biggest influence was Steve Denton's chrome car. Inters 2000 was my first, i'd followed the show scene for years through the mags but going to that show and seeing the UK's first proper show car, i was blown away.

Dreading the next job, stripping polishing the rear beam. Thinking it could be one of those job you wish you never started.

Yeah that's gonna be a major pain in the arse. My chromer almost refused to do mine. He had to halt business for a few hours or so because he couldn't get anything else in the tank when he was dipping my rear beam! :lol:

Yeah that's gonna be a major pain in the arse. My chromer almost refused to do mine. He had to halt business for a few hours or so because he couldn't get anything else in the tank when he was dipping my rear beam! :lol:[/quote:e8e6d]

My chrome has refused to chrome my front cross member. Got to drill a hole in each end first to stop solution entrapment. Not happy about it but has to be done.

Mate Rick has also finished seam welding the engine subframe and strengthening it in everyway possible. Down to me to grind and smooth all the welds then polished the whole thing. Sorry for the lack of pick on this update, my brother has borrowed by camera for his holiday. Post them up early next week.

Ok here are the pics. This has been the hardest bit of my car to prepare so far!!! Been working on and off since about jan on get the subframe into good enough condition to chrome. As you can see in the pics its completely seam weld and smoothed and is now massively stronger and stiffer than the factory part. I've ground out all the rust (it was secondhand, new one would be silly money) and hand polished the whole thing, as its steel it took bloody ages. Much harder than a gearbox!! Got to chrome it next, should look really good if it works out.

Lee, you still have the bolts for the rack attached. You can knock them out and renew them.

forgot to add; good work fella :D

Ohh, nice one. I thought they were captive as they wouldn't unbolt. So, just hammer them out?

Does the madness ever end !!! :notworthy:

Well i am running out of bits to polish and chrome. No idea what i'll do then!! Maybe scrape the underseal off and smooth the underside?!

Just give them a little tap. Haywire did it on his and I knocked mine out over the weekend (though obviously my subframe hasn't been polished so little knocks didn't matter).

Well i am running out of bits to polish and chrome. No idea what i'll do then!! Maybe scrape the underseal off and smooth the underside?!

Now that would be awesome!!! 8)

Well i am running out of bits to polish and chrome. No idea what i'll do then!! Maybe scrape the underseal off and smooth the underside?![/quote:6a566]

you can start doing mine then when your ready :lol:

lee u need to get it out to the shows mate,, its presence is definately missed out there

Well i am running out of bits to polish and chrome. No idea what i'll do then!! Maybe scrape the underseal off and smooth the underside?![/quote:6ebc0]

you can start doing mine then when your ready :lol:

lee u need to get it out to the shows mate,, its presence is definately missed out there[/quote:6ebc0]

Thanks Furk'z. Its will be back when you least expect it probably.

Wow Wow Wow Wow.. That subframe will look sweet when chromed! Keep the pics rolling..

More pics on the way really looking forward to seeing the subframe done myself as theres been so much effort put into it. Picked up more chrome today. Photo's shortly.

This was about two weeks ago

newpiletoclean.jpg

Here's some of those parts now. Chrome plated driveshafts, Chain covers, engine mounting brackets, rear beam mount and a few other pieces. This lot was quite expensive, think my plater is trying to get back the cost of doing the gearbox cheap!!! Waiting for the dealers to get my inner CV boots in stock then i post the rebuild of the driveshafts.