A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

Did a HPI check today, bad news. Its a Cat D. Bummer, back to the trader. Hate buying cars its a mine field!! If theres a Black S3 with silver leather up for sale near you drop me a PM. Desperate to get one now, gutted was looking forward to my first new car for 7 years. :-(

Can I interest you in a Golf TDI mate?! :)

sorry, made my mind up now. Got to have an S3 even if there a dull drive.

So what if it's on a cat d? if it's cheap enough and wasn't that badly damaged does it really mean you should avoid it like the plague? was it priced any cheaper?

and why do you want an S3 if they are crap to drive!?! I think my 4motion is great to drive, and it has identical runnign gear barring the engine.

So what if it's on a cat d? if it's cheap enough and wasn't that badly damaged does it really mean you should avoid it like the plague? was it priced any cheaper?

and why do you want an S3 if they are crap to drive!?! I think my 4motion is great to drive, and it has identical runnign gear barring the engine.

its actually the nicest example i've seen and only spotted that the front wing had been painted (nicely too). But the fact is the owner covered up the fact when i asked him out right and tried to sell it to me for the going rate. It should be £1000 to £1500 cheaper as a Cat D (and its a stolen/recovered) then i'd definate buy it but i'm not taking his lost when i trade it in.

offer him less then

got him down as low as i could, think he's waiting for an someone daft to buy withoout checking the history. i'll get the full details through from HPi tomorrow and offer him £1000 less see whats happens.

looks like silver leather limits your choices somewhat Lee. There are over 20 within 25 miles of me, but all have black leather reccaros bar one with silver and one with cloth!!

Happy to send you details if there thin on the ground in leeds!?

Whats yu budget roughly, if thats not too rude. Sub 10k im assuming?

looks like silver leather limits your choices somewhat Lee. There are over 20 within 25 miles of me, but all have black leather reccaros bar one with silver and one with cloth!!

Happy to send you details if there thin on the ground in leeds!?

Whats yu budget roughly, if thats not too rude. Sub 10k im assuming?

Please send me details of the black/silver. You know how it is, you get this close you can't wait to get you hands on one. Yep, about £10k.

oops, first one was 14995, sorry mate.

this one is 11.9 ono azure blue with silver leather, nice colour contrast, that blue really sets the leather off 8)

if you want details bear with me as i need to register to "send to a friend" etc etc

if you want details bear with me as i need to register to "send to a friend" etc etc

no problem thanks alot. Blue is nice but has to be black.

silver leather? does that not look a bit too star trek?

its actually more like light grey. Wears very heavily as it's nappa. Pics attached. This one is an option but 83k on the clock. Prefer 70ish max

pm'd you a black with "grey" leather, but could be silver. nice mileage too.

:lol: thats the one i bought!!!

trade value of cat D could take the price 25-50% lower. I'd have thought he should be very happy only taking a knock of a grand..

Buy an S4, cheaper, V6 and imo better to look at :)

did consider it because of that V6. Prefer the S3, be nice to drop the 2.7 Bi-Turbo under the bonnet though!!!

trade value of cat D could take the price 25-50\0ower. I'd have thought he should be very happy only taking a knock of a grand..

really not sure i trust the guy. Could be something else major wrong with it and really doubt he'd tell me. Think i saw it for sale a couple of months ago too. Guess same thing happened, sold HPI'd and buyer ran. He determined to get full market value for it.

Theres another in doncaster with 67k but its shabby with masking lines in the door shuts and overspray. Looks ok but if you know what to look for its a let down or maybe i'm too fussy.

Bought another one. Had to go for a different interior colour from the Silver i wanted but if the car turns out to be as sound as i think it is, it will be worth it in the long run.

It's a bit newer than I wanted being a 2000 facelift model but only 48k on the clock and no sign of new paint. Rear bumper needs a doing but no real problem and the last owner was on this forum. C8HAU, if you still on hear please PM me so i can establish if the car is genuine.

HPI on monday, hoping for no surprises this time!!! Fingers crossed.

Good luck mate... so whats the colour combo on this one?

Its Ebony Black (not metallic) should polish up a treat. Interior is black leather with blue alcantara. The reg number will be P11 LCC. Hoping to have it tidy enough to show until the C is ready.

Bought another one. Had to go for a different interior colour from the Silver i wanted but if the car turns out to be as sound as i think it is, it will be worth it in the long run.

It's a bit newer than I wanted being a 2000 facelift model but only 48k on the clock and no sign of new paint. Rear bumper needs a doing but no real problem and the last owner was on this forum. C8HAU, if you still on hear please PM me so i can establish if the car is genuine.

Nice one lee... he posts on E38 & has a MK3 highline now...

http://www.edition38.com/board/profile. ... ile&u=3671

Nice one lee... he posts on E38 & has a MK3 highline now...

http://www.edition38.com/board/profile. ... ile&u=3671

PM'd him on there too. He's traded the car in for a TT, daily driver i guess and the mk3 must be a project. He's got a reputation for buying tidy cars so hopefully the S3 will be cracking buy. Its certainly a very torquey car to drive. Wonder if its chipped, its got a dump valve which i had planned to rip off but actually was very quiet. May keep it.