A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

just read a few pages,how many?! :shock:

fantastic work,and i love the stance 8)

just not keen on the deleted rear lights but its diffarent...(i know this was done quite a while ago,shit loads happened since then :shock: :lol: )

neil.

lee how is it that shiny and that clean what wax polish you use that is just simply amazing finish! gonna save that pic now! well done mate

Blitz wax which you can buy from http://www.frost.co.uk , its nothing special. You don't really need expensive wax's like Zymol if you've got decent paint to start with. Just spent a couple of hours cleaning the paint ready for summer. Hopefully i'll get a chance to take some new pics which i've been promising since august :roll:

link to polish page:- http://www.frost.co.uk/productList.asp?catID=15

Any updates???

Been making progress, bit slow at the moment as money is tight so lots of bits have been prepped but not been able to get them chromed up. Didn't what to bore everyone will dull stuff, but since you asked. Stripped the selector tower down completely and polished all the bits up so that will look really nice plated and fitted to the g/box. Various other bits have been polished too.

Cleaned the car last weekend for VWSN but unfortuately it pissed it down so it stayed at home. While cleaning it i was gutted to find that the inlet had become pitted over winter. Luckily i still have my old manifold so i've started to sand it down and going a little further with this one. The previous one was just polished and chromed and to be honest i was never totally happy with it. Also think we'll be seeing alot more chromed manifolds this year so time to move. Pic attached, if you know your manifolds you'll see a few mods already before i start welding it.

Got a second hand cylinder head for a bit of a play. If all goes well it will be gas flowed and possibly fitted with shrick big valves + something special. Not sure if big valves are a good idea though with the turbo? There maybe also be a change in the company doing the turbo conversion too but can't say to much at the moment but fingers crossed. Reaaaaally want them to do it!! They've agreed to do it but theres a condition which is totally out of mine and their control.

Cant believe your spending all that money turbocharging a show car that has been fully chromed?

Mental! :lol:

Cant believe your spending all that money turbocharging a show car that has been fully chromed?

yeah, doesn't really need it. But i really want it and think its important that a showcar gets better and better rather than becoming stale same at every show, every year.

Going to look at a potential new project/daily driver on friday!! Hope i'm doing the right thing, really don't want to have to cut corner with the C because of another car or even lose interest in the C!! Just had enough of borrowing company cars and being stranded if ones not available.

Awesome stuff Lee, still my fav of all time.

Made this Wallpaper too

Never recieved those other pics though :(

Thats brilliant!! PM me your email addy and i'll send you the pics.

yeah, doesn't really need it. But i really want it and think its important that a showcar gets better and better rather than becoming stale same at every show, every year.

Going to look at a potential new project/daily driver on friday!! Hope i'm doing the right thing, really don't want to have to cut corner with the C because of another car or even lose interest in the C!! Just had enough of borrowing company cars and being stranded if ones not available.

Yeah i bet! Cant believe how you manage it? have you ever had folk bitching or making comments about the fact you dont use it as a daily driver?,etc (Even tho U drive it to shows!)

I dont think Ull lose interest with 80 odd pages of us backing you on!

Just think it'l be mad turbo'n it with all that chroming under the car and 1st class chassis/body mods? it aint cheap to do either?! :o

Hiya Lee, cars looking nice and shiney as always!!! Did you have any luck at my cousins screen printing place?? Or you been to busy to check that out?

Yeah i bet! Cant believe how you manage it? have you ever had folk bitching or making comments about the fact you dont use it as a daily driver?,etc (Even tho U drive it to shows!)

Just think it'l be mad turbo'n it with all that chroming under the car and 1st class chassis/body mods? it aint cheap to do either?! :o

yep, had my fair share of bitching. I believe you can only criticise if you can and have done better and the car was a daily driver until is was painted. If you owned my car would you leave it in a Pub/Tesco carpark? And theres always people who take offence to a car thats obviously had time and care taken over its appearance and feel they need to run a key down the side to make themselves feel better about being to lazy to achieve anything.

No its not cheap but i'm getting there bit at a time so reckon i've saved alot owning the car 7years and not changing every 2-3 like most people.

Hiya Lee, cars looking nice and shiney as always!!! Did you have any luck at my cousins screen printing place?? Or you been to busy to check that out?

thanks, not had a chance yet. Things have slowed down alot in the last month or so due to being very busy at work and hopefully getting a daily driver so the C's can be purely a showcar.

yep, had my fair share of bitching. I believe you can only criticise if you can and have done better and the car was a daily driver until is was painted. If you owned my car would you leave it in a Pub/Tesco carpark? And theres always people who take offence to a car thats obviously had time and care taken over its appearance and feel they need to run a key down the side to make themselves feel better about being to lazy to achieve anything.

No its not cheap but i'm getting there bit at a time so reckon i've saved alot owning the car 7years and not changing every 2-3 like most people.

Absolutely, I know mine isn't to your standard but when mine got keyed I was upset/peed off/angry etc etc, I'm not suprised it isn't a daily driver!

Can I ask what is your daily driver mate?

feck what people think about non daily drivers :!:

ive had it in the past with the 50k mile mk1,never been painted etc etc...people saying a car is for driving blah blah.

well if i drove it everyday it would just end up like any other tidy mk1 and not be the 10 grands worth concours example that it is now.and if everybody drove em,nobody could look at and appreciate cars like these as there would'nt be any left.

there is more to a car (as a hobby) than driving em,minting/modding/looking at etc.

everyone should just enjoy there motors in a way which pleases them,most do anyway like but ya know :? :lol:

sorry,end of rant :oops:

haven't got one at the minute. Hopefully in the next week tho.

haven't got one at the minute. Hopefully in the next week tho.

Gulp, handed over a cheque for a new (to me) car today. So my C is offically no longer a daily driver and has stepped over the line into a purely showcar. Feels a bit weird to be honest getting a new car for the first time in 7 years. Obviously i'll tinker with it abit but i'm swearing here and now is not going to end up like the C :lol . I'm relying on you guy's to keep me in check if i start going overbored. Don't think theres much danger though, bloody skint!!